2

(Art is not mine. It belongs to the original artist.)

This was a bad—no, a terrible idea. How did you even agreed to say yes to this. Was it the bribe for free food for a year?

Yes. It was.

Your roommates, stood next to you and their arms are linked to yours because they do not want you to make an attempt to flee. You do not know where they come from after your class have ended.

Standing in front of Mr Speedwagon's office looks daunting. Like a Knight who was on his way to defeat the monster who is guarding treasure or a damsel in distress. Joylne and Trish smiles at you, to the point that you are wondering what are they planning. Joylne raised her right hand and knock on the door.

"Come in!" You hear a British voice behind the door. Joylne open the door and you felt their arms unlinked from yours. Trish softly push you forward. Joylne walk behind you and Trish.

The three of you step into the office and were greeted by seeing an old man, with a scar on his face. You wonder how did he got it. Your mind snap back into reality when the old man, Mr Speedwagon spoke up. "Good afternoon, I presume the three of you are for the Pen Pal Program?"

Joylne pats your back, giving the man a cheery smile. "Just her. Trish and I done ours." You look over your shoulder and gave her a look. "What's up with that (Name)? I did mine last year. Same goes to Trish and since we have experience about it, we could help you." She gave you a reassuring smile.

Speedwagon clap his hands. "That's wonderful!" He reeled back to pull out a drawer from his desk. Inside it the drawer was a few folders that are related to the program. He took the folder out and place it on the table. "Now... miss..."

You gave your full name to him. He nod, "Miss (Last name) here are the list of names that you can choose to be your pen pal." You went up to the table and open the folder.

There were a lot of names when you saw the list. A lot of them were taken by others. Speedwagon studied your face. "This year, the program is getting popular by the first and third years." Make sense. You often heard the students talk about it. "I think I have one for you. Let me search it..."

He took the folder and flipped the pages. The more he flip the page, the more names you see. All of them are taken. All except for one. "Aha! I found it. Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli." He points at the name. This one was available.

"That's a handful to say," You commented after hearing Speedwagon saying the name. The man chuckled at your comment.

"It is." He gave you a piece of paper from the folder. You gently took it and read the paper. It was Caesar's full name, his details, which country he is from and how to contact him: through email or a letter.

A handful name, an Italian man who is the same age as me and I hope we can be good friends, you thought once more. Joylne and Trish hovered behind you. Joylne grin, "This will be good." Trish gave Joylne a confusing look.

Speedwagon gave you another paper. "Since you are signing up for the program, do write your details." He points at the blank spaces on the paper. "You can use Caesar's as an example. When you're done, I'll inform Caesar about his pen pal. It's either you or him to make the first contact."

"Okay." You took a pen out from your sling bag and write your details on the paper. At the bottom of the page, on the left side, you signed your signature because you have agreed to join the program.