Diner Reads

After you just finished your hunt you drive up and pull into a parking spot as close to the diner as you can get. You personally don't like diners as much, but it's the only thing in a hundred mile radius from where your 2 am hunt was and you just wanted to eat and it didn't matter what. After using your newly purchased machete to kill a pack of vamps you smelled of sweat and dirt, but all you wanted to do was eat, so you rushed out of the car with your canvas side bag holding your laptop and Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton and ran inside to get a table. So far Ethan Frome hasn't been that great of a read, but you had hopes for it. When you sat down instead of reading you grabbed out your laptop and started finding another case that wasn't too far away. You ordered a house salad and continued to research. You found a news article saying that a group of teens went into a forest and one came back saying that there was a person who killed all of his friends and they had yellow eyes. You immediately thought that it was most likely a werewolf. You did a double check in your journal that you had the lore straight and then you shut your laptop and grabbed Ethan Frome. You indulged in your salad and continued to read. After half an hour the waitress took your salad plate that was wiped clean and gave you another glass of water. As she walked away two guys that were really tall walked in and they both looked as if they had blood splatters on their face. The one with the longer hair ran straight to then bathroom and came out clear of any blood. While the other guy walked straight to a two chaired booth and ordered a double bacon cheeseburger. The only reason your attention was on them was because there was nobody else in the diner. You continued to read and you overheard the guys talking about spirits so you assumed they were hunters. I mean they were in flannel and covered head to toe in blood, so the shoe fits. It was kind of late so you decided to read two more chapters and then find the nearest and cheapest motel.