Prologue

It's late in the evening and a woman is currently sitting behind an old large wooden desk. There are paper and envelopes scattered on her desk. Only silence can be heard except for the periodic sound of paper rustling.

She still can't believe it. A week ago she discovered that her granddaughter is alive and now here she is planning a ball. A ball to finally announce to the world that Salis finally found its princess after 18 long years. Nothing could possibly go wrong.  

And then she heard it. A tap followed by a croak. She looked at the window and saw a raven. She covered her face then rubbed her eyes.

'I must be so tired that I'm seeing and hearing things,' She looked back at the window not expecting the raven to still be there. She looked frowned and quickly stood up.

"How in the world-," She mumbled, striding towards the large window. Upon closer inspection, she noticed that the raven is carrying a letter. She unlatched the window and slowly pulled it open.

"Um-well, hello there, is this for me?" She hesitantly asked the raven, gesturing to the letter attached to its leg. 

The raven croaked again, softly nipping her fingers. She took it as a sign of confirmation and gently picked up the letter. The letter has a golden seal with a knot symbol. On the bottom of the letter, it reads: To Queen Annalise of Salis, in elegant gold letters. 

 Her eyebrows furrowed. She couldn't believe it. How did they know? It can't be. She knew this would happen but why so soon? 

Her train of thought was cut off by a loud croak. Reluctantly, she focused back to the raven that is still in her window sill, silently staring at her. 

"You must be tired and hungry from your journey-" she said. "Why don't you come and rest. I'll write a response tomorrow." She added extending her clothed arm.

With a soft croak, the raven hopped on her arm, scratching her skin slightly with its claws. She then walked over to the perch on her desk that is usually reserved for her pet owl, and gently set the raven down. She set the letter on her desk and opened a drawer where she took a few owl treats.

"I only have owl treats, would you like some?" She offered to the raven, who after nibbling a small piece seemed to like the treats. 

She sat behind the desk looked back to the letter atop it and sighed. She grabbed the letter opener and carefully slid the envelope open. She quickly unfolded the letter.

 Queen Annalise,

I have written in regards to the contract your husband and I agreed upon many years ago. I have attached it with this letter.

 I hope that this contract will strengthen the alliances of our kingdoms. She will be married to my youngest son. I believe it would be beneficial for both of them. 

My wife and I would like it if your whole family would stay in my kingdom a few days before the wedding. This will give your princess and my son a chance to talk and be familiar with each other. They are to be wed this fortnight. 

I will be expecting a response.

All-father

She set the letter down and took the other piece of paper out of the envelope. Quickly scanning the contents of the paper, she set it unto her desk. 

She ran a hand through her graying hair and sighed. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day.

-o-o-o-

Hi! This is the very first fic that I wrote and  I accept creative criticism. This is an ultimate crossover of mainly the Avengers, Percy Jackson and Harry Potter.