X. Graduation

"Wait your turn, Zander!" smiled Yuma as he ran towards Chroma, "It's my turn to rush him down!"

Yuma breathed in and out, initiating combat with Chroma. He used a fighting style that not just implemented fists to attack, but his legs as well. Yuma was using his Resonance to manipulate his weight to become faster, sacrificing power for speed.

Chroma dodged the punches, and blocked the kicks using Balanzia. Unlike Zander, Chroma couldn't kick Yuma away because of the offense he had. Zander focused on using his fists, but Yuma's kicks prevented Chroma from kicking him away. Soon, Yuma tried to kick Chroma's head, forcing Chroma to fall down and slice the ground, and enter his portal.

Yuma immediately hit the ground with his fist, infused with Resonance. This created bubbles on the ground, popping and briefly exposing Chroma within his portals. Chroma was forced out of his portals and sliced Yuma's left hand off. He then jumped away.

"Those bubbles of his," thought Chroma, "That kind of Resonance is unpredictable."

Chroma instinctively dodged an attack by Zander.

"Don't tell me to wait, Gojojo!" yelled Zander angrily, trying his best to hit Chroma.

Zander's attacks were more predictable than Yuma's. It resembled a boxing style commonly used by boxers within the empire. Not only that, but Zander made dirty moves that would've considered cheating in the ring. Chroma kicked Zander away once again.

Zander skidded on the ground next to Yuma. He stood up as Yuma whispered in his ear.

"You've got to be a god damn idiot, Gojojo," said Zander.

"It's still a chance!" smiled Yuma.

Yuma and Zander ran opposite sides of each other, circling Chroma.

"Now, Gojojo!" yelled Zander.

"Alright, Zander!" yelled back Yuma, "Uno!"

Yuma, using his Resonance, manipulated his weight so that he could jump high. He breathed in and out, balancing the Resonance within his breaths. In the air, he blew bubblegum that would fill the skies. As he fell back down to the ground, Zander punched the ground.

"Due!" he yelled.

Chroma was launched up to the skies, caused by the increase of amplitude from the ground's vibrations. He was heading straight toward the bubbles. Chroma put his sword in front of him, bracing himself for the bubbles. They then popped, causing a loud sound and a large amount of force from the Resonance filled inside of them. Chroma was launched back down by the force, where Zander and Yuma were waiting, running towards where Chroma would land.

"Tre!" yelled Zander and Yuma as they held up their fists to punch Chroma's face from both sides, "Feel the beatdown of our Resonance!"

Chroma slightly tilted his head away from the fists of Zander and Yuma, attempting to dodge their attacks. Yuma noticed this and threw out wet bubblegum from his other hand.

"Hell no!" yelled Yuma, "You're not escaping!"

The wet bubblegum splattered onto Zander's vibrating fist. Yuma then pulled on the wet bubblegum, redirecting Zander's attack to hit Chroma's face.

PUNCH!

Chroma fell to the ground, feeling the effects of the vibrations. He slowly stood up, feeling a little dizzy.

"That power.." mumbled Chroma, keeping his balance in check, "It's putting me out of balance. Either way, Zander is out of the battle! Only Yuma is left now!"

"Shit, Gojojo," said Zander, "We were supposed to hit him at the same time!"

"Change of plans!" replied Yuma, "I think I can take him on! After all, your vibrations seemed to be messing with his senses for now. I can take advantage of that!"

Yuma ran at Chroma, planning another relentless barrage of unpredictable attacks. Punch after kick, Chroma dodged the attacks. However, every time that Chroma would try escape using his portals, he couldn't. Zander's vibrations were still in effect and messing with his senses. Sona smiled.

Soon, Chroma sliced Yuma's right arm off, with it flying in the air. Yuma yelled in agony as blood spilt out. Chroma didn't make a portal that time!

"I said I wouldn't hesitate trying to kill you, Yuma Gojojo!" yelled Chroma as he readied to plunge Balanzia into Yuma's body.

"It seems like I can only rely on one last thing!" smiled Yuma, "Do you know the definition of defeat?"

"What is this guy talking about?" thought Chroma.

Suddenly, he noticed Yuma ready to hit Chroma with his left arm, which was wearing the metal gauntlet he always wore. Even if Chroma were to plunge a hole into Yuma, if Yuma had hit him, he would pass!

Chroma changed his course of attack to deflect Yuma's gauntlet.

TWANG!

Yuma's left arm was no longer able to punch Chroma's fist, for it was also cut off, blood spilling.

"To win a victory over someone in a battle or other contest," smiled Yuma through the pain, "Or better yet, to strike your opponent from right above!"

PUNCH!

Suddenly, Chroma's right arm that fell from the sky punched Chroma's face! Chroma was too distracted by Yuma's left arm to even notice it!

Yuma fell to his knees as both of his arms were bleeding. Chroma's face was filled with bubbles that popped, causing his cheek to burst with blood.

"Yuma.." said Chroma, "You've improved and..."

"Passed!" they both said.

After Yuma and Chroma's injuries were healed, the group gathered back at the bench.

"So, I guess this is goodbye, huh?" asked Yuma.

"Huh?" asked Chroma, "What are you on? You may have graduated the recruitment program, but now you've got to deal with duties related to what Resonance users do daily.

And unfortunately, we have to guide you through that as well."

"Huh," complained Zander, "So we can't get rid of you guys that quickly."

"He means that we're looking forward to it," smiled Kirin.

Sona and Chroma looked at the three recruits as they went back to the bar. Sona then looked at Chroma.

"You seem to have taken a liking to them, Chroma," smiled Sona.

"No clue what you mean," replied Chroma as he began to clean up the mess.

"You held back yet again. I know fully well that you could've easily dodged Kirin's punches, as well as get rid of the vibration effect that Zander put you through."

"Sure, you can say that. But one thing's for certain: The cooperation between those three are unmatched. If I hadn't tilted my head quick enough, I could've been knocked out unconscious by both of those attacks."

"Spoken like a proud teacher," smiled Sona.