Chapter One

Why did I pick the air vent of all places? Nevermind that what was that man. I have never seen a man have a uniform like that. I swear when I find Polo though I am going to kill him the same way I killed that man. I peer through the vent where the bustling men and women? were holding my photo and holding what were those? They I don't even know what they looked like. We used walkies and payphones not those things. Where they were what typing on? I was confused beyond belief. What? How long have I been in that coffin. I sharpened my eyes and looked closer at my photo. My hair was short, just above my shoulder. It curled lightly, burgundy. I could see I was wearing the same black shirt I had on with the hole right at my shoulder. Exactly where Polo had his men shoot me when we entered the airport. I rolled my eyes letting them go back to normal. I quietly began to move again, making my way to the next slit of vent to see if it was clear. It was at the end of a hall with a spinning sign that said EXIT. I slipped my finger around the metal and moved it as quietly as I could jump down in a crotch. I moved to the door opening causing alarms to start going off. When did a place get this. What the hell is that noise? None of the questions now. I took off running meeting with a street of cars? buggies? People bumped and pushed into me as I stared at the towering buildings where old rusted warehouses stood and poor buildings stood. The smoke that hung in the air was still there. I mean I have seen cars like this but the ones the agency was much more advanced compared to the others. I was just shocked that they were well on the road now.

"Hey, you hold up!"

I turned my head hearing the rushing of feet. I was shocked to see another man in a weird uniform like the one I killed. Along with two others. I looked at them with an eyebrow arched. They took out their guns and pointed at me. Well, those were new.

"You don't have to shout. I am not going anywhere."

They continued to point their guns at me.

"Put your hands up and get on your knees!"

I rolled my eyes put my hands up.

"I am going to give you one chance to put those things away before I kill you for threatening me."

They looked at each other and started firing. The bullets grazed my skin but they just sewed together. They stop shooting and I dramatically cracked my fingers.

"My turn."

I smiled letting my snake form to come out. I jumped up snapping the one guys neck and then scratching the women to his right making her disintegrate by the poison. Then I sank my fangs into the last cop tearing hit throat out. I let him go whipping the blood away on my sleeve. Just then did I turn back and hear screams. Of course they had to do it in the middle of the freakin sidewalk. I ran to the alley climbing up to the wall to the roof. I scouted the area seeing a store dropping down on the road running to the glass. I allowed my claw to extend and tapped the window. I grabbed the sweatshirt and graphic T with glasses and a lightning bolt on it. I grabbed the jeans while I was at it and ran to the alley by it. I went changed and put back on the combat boots lacing the laces tightly before putting the hood up and walking. I picked up a shard of glass from the trash and stuffed it in my pocket. I was looked down each alley trying to find a broken mirror but settled with a rest stop. Figured it had to have a mirror and a restroom there. I kept my head down and went in locking the door. I went to each stall making sure they were cleared out then stood in front of the massive mirror. I slowly took down the hood seeing my hair well past my hips. For the most part it was a white blonde, but the ends were burgundy red. I took out the sharp piece of glass and started sawing at my hair. I looked at the uneven hair length as it brushed my shoulders and smiled. I grabbed the pile of hair throwing it in the trash. I put my hood back up and unlocked the door walking out past the line of people at the cashier. I looked both ways before going with the flow but stepping aside once I saw the first alley.