Chapter 5:Iris

Iris was looking outside she fiddled with the coral bracelet on her wrist then she noticed something on her arm it was a claw mark in the shape on an 'X' she thought nothing of it and just stared out the window she didn't realize Scarlet was standing behind her until she turned around."What is that?"Scarlet asked warily Iris realized she was talking about the claw mark she shrugged signaling that she had no idea what the claw mark meant. Scarlet got a good look at the claw mark her eyes widened once she realized what the claw mark meant Briar did this she thought to herself she knows that sooner or later the Order will find out about Iris. Iris looked at Scarlet a nervous expression on her face she let out a small cough gaining Scarlet's attention "yes?"Scarlet asked Iris did sign language 'are you okay' she signed with her hands. Scarlet shook her head then she smiled "I'm fine Iris, really, you don't have to worry about me" she lied Iris wasn't convinced.

She continued to do sign language to Scarlet Scarlet was patient and found Iris's worry for her to be touching yet Iris asked another question 'are you worried about the Order?'Scarlet stayed silent but then she let out a sigh as she was about to ...

She continued to do sign language to Scarlet Scarlet was patient and found Iris's worry for her to be touching yet Iris asked another question 'are you worried about the Order?'Scarlet stayed silent but then she let out a sigh as she was about to speak a scream echoed through her mind her eyes widened and her ears went up "Iris I'll be back" she said then she left running out the door with no further explanation. Scarlet ran, adrenaline coursing through her body she tripped and fell on a rock injuring her leg she didn't care about the pain she was experiencing, she just had to find her, She had to find Nora! Iris was slightly worried for Scarlet sure she the wolf could handle herself but what worried her was that she had left without saying when she'd be back. Iris went to the couch she sat down and tried to piece her thoughts together she eventually drifted off to sleep. Scarlet panted heavily she had hid her ears and tail she found Nora. Nora was bleeding from her arm a man holding a beer bottle loomed over her he was going to strike her again but Scarlet interfered "please, stop hurting her, she's just a child"Scarlet told the man. The man spoke in a slurred voice "why do you care?! She tried to steal from me, the little thief "he snapped "She's homeless"Scarlet said she acknowledged to Nora's clothes which were mostly rags the man swung the bottle again aiming it at Nora Scarlet's eyes widened she got in front of Nora the bottle made impact with Scarlet's cheek. Scarlet looked at the man her pupils were slit she let out a small growl "hey" someone from afar spoke it was a police officer he walked over he noticed the bruise on Scarlet's cheek and the blood from Nora's arm as well as blood on the beer bottle that the man was holding he glared at the man "you are coming with me"he said sternly he put the man's hands behind his back and handcuffed him "are you two okay?" he asked concern in his voice "we are fine"Scarlet whispered she gave the man a death glare. The police officer took the man away Scarlet held Nora in her arms Nora was unconscious. Scarlet teleported her and Nora back to her home she noticed Iris was asleep on the couch she put a blanket on her Nora woke up she looked around she was on a bed she heard running water then she saw Scarlet appear from what she suspected was the bathroom. Scarlet noticed Nora was awake "oh good you're up" Scarlet said "the bath is almost ready" "Scarlet what's going on?" Nora asked "we will discuss what happened after you take your bath"Scarlet replied softly "okay"Nora said quietly. Nora took a bath making sure that she didn't get her arm wet she changed into some clothes that Scarlet set out for her. Scarlet explained what happaned she let Nora sleep in her bed. Scarlet carried Iris to the guest room and she went to sleep on the couch. Iris woke up in the middle of the night she went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, she saw Scarlet sleeping on the couch she smiled to herself she looks so peaceful almost like a little puppy she thought to herself then she blushed a deep red. Did I just call her a puppy?! Iris blushed again she relaxed and sat down next to Scarlet. Scarlet moved in her sleep she tossed and turned but all of a sudden Scarlet grabbed Iris and pulled her in for a tight hug her arms wrapped around Iris's waist. Iris didn't move she smiled a light shade of pink on her cheeks she hugged Scarlet back then she went to sleep.