Part 2

Yancey had to admit one thing, Dracynir was eager to please. After asking for its help to fix the kitchen, it had been repaired almost like magic. Well it probably was magic...

"Uh... Dracynir..."
That's so hard to pronounce...
"How'd you fix it so fast?"

The daemon faced Yancey, it's tail swishing back and forth.
"That's easy. I have the ability to remove traces of myself from anything."

"Anything?"
"Of course. Most humans I'm with it's only a blur afterwards. If you desired me gone then..."

Dracynir reaches for Yancey who recoiled. Covering his face and pacing the kitchen before spinning and point a finger at it.

"That's it! Change! Uh.... into something else! I don't care what! Just something that is not this! Something that is the same for everyone!"

Dracynir tilted its head.
"If you insist. I shall use a more human form."

Yancey watched as Dracynir's form changed into something smaller, arms reaching out as the wings shifted backwards, the long white appendages on its head shrinking as the face grew more human like until finally something semi-human stood before Yancey.

"Tell me Yancey, is this better?"

Dracynir cupped a hand Yancey's cheek as the man stared slack jawed.

"Your... your eyes!"

Dracynir could see it's reflection within Yancey's own eyes. The sclera of its eyes were black with the irises glowing a soft white light. It smiled at Yancey.

"You don't like them?"

"What!? Me liking them has... has nothing to do with this! It doesn't look human!"

Shifting into a pout, Dracynir whined.

"You never said you wanted me to look human; besides..." it gently backed Yancey up against the wall, its eyes never leaving his own, "I know you find this form desirable."

Dracynir softly placed its lips on Yancey's and he briefly closed his eyes before pushing the daemon back and shaking his head.

"Ahhh! What am I doing!?  I just let a daemon kiss me!"

Dracynir watched on with amusement as Yancey continued to deal with his situation. Propping itself up on the counter, Dracynir spoke.

"You know, if you just let it happen then I'll be gone. Plenty of mortals have had a pleasant experience with me. Your friends will have no memory of me either. I can promise that."

"I don't make promises with daemons!"

It rolled its eyes and Yancey pointed a finger at it again and continued to speak.

"Besides, I didn't mean to summon you in the first place! I just wanted some soup for my! Wait..."

Yancey sniffed and felt at his throat before looking at Dracynir again.

"What did you do?"

"I healed you. When a person is sick, that's all they think of. It gets in the way."

"Wait. Why isn't your voice doing that weird thing?"

"Oh this? It put you on edge so I stopped."

It jumped from its perch on the counter top using its wings to glide into Yancey's pushing him on the ground, with Dracynir on top him.

It's voice was almost a purr as it tried to coax Yancey again.