Chapter One: Once in a Blood Moon

It had only been hours since Tem talked to Ella now, Tem felt so relieved that his best friend was going to see him in the play his club worked so hard to create. Tem hopes that when she sees this play, she'll want to join and hopefully make new friends. Just knowing, that Ella the shiest girl in school, was coming out of her shell little by little, is enough to give him the courage to ask someone an important question. Tem felt like nothing could go wrong now...

☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾

At least, that's what he thought.

☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾

Tem was running through the hallways, with a blood moon giving an ominous glow. Tem's whole body was radiating with fear as he kept on running. The young male held his injured arm, which was bleeding large quantities of blood. The Alpaca ran down the stairs as fast as he can, but not without tripping on one of the steps. Still, that didn't stop his desire to live so Tem kept on running. However, what Tem didn't realize was that whoever, or whatever, attacked him was following right behind him.

Tem eventually got into one of the lecture halls of the school. Closing the double doors behind him, Tem shank down to the floor, panting like a dog.

Was this it?

Is he going to die tonight?

All of these thoughts flooded into his mind until,

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

The monster was here, trying to break through the doors, while Tem was trying his best to hold them. "Are you really trying to eat your own classmate?" Tem asked breathlessly to the creature outside. "We had so many classes together!" Tem cried out hoping to reason with the monster. However, the beast broke through the doors making Tem tumble down to the center of the classroom. Tem scrambled backward until his back touches the pedestal, His brown eyes that showed so much fear and betrayal, looked up towards the beast. The doors behind the monster closed shrouding the room in total darkness. Tem was utterly terrified, there was no chance of escape and there was a bloodthirsty beast in the same room as him. Tem wandered through the dark trying to getaway. "Do you carnivores only think of us as food?" Tem asked as he bumped into something hard. The Alpaca continues to back away until he accidentally steps on a remote.

Suddenly a bright light flashed into Tem's eyes, however now he was able to see that the beast was right in front of him. The beast slowly walked towards the frightened Alpaca and started to breathe deeply. "You carnivores are nothing but MONSTERS!" Tem yelled just before the beast bared its fangs to strike.

At that moment, Tem had only one regret...

He won't be able to see his best friend, at the play he promised to show her.

☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾

A bright and beautiful day came, but it was only a heavy day for Ella. The young girl got a call from her father that Tem; her first friend was killed. Ella broke down in tears over her friend's death while all the other animals gossiped. Many herbivores believed that it was a carnivore student who committed the crime. But, it didn't matter to Ella, Tem was friendly to everyone whether they were a herbivore, a carnivore, or a stranger like herself.

Ella decided to skip that day, it was very unusual for the girl to skip school. Even when she was sick, the girl still went to school but...

Today, Ella needed time to be by herself.