Chapter 6

I was surprised, dad had just smacked his best proxy across the face! Masky stood still, dad was probably lecturing him through the telepathic link. I pulled out of dad's grip, I started to run towards the stairs. Once I reached the top, and made it halfway to my room, I bumped into BEN. I started to cry and I gripped the front of his shirt tightly. "I'm sorry", I sobbed, burying my face in his chest. BEN hugged me in a reassuring way, rubbing my back in an attempt to comfort me. "It's ok Sally, don't worry about it", BEN said, he held my chin and forced me to look up at him.

"Don't worry about it, I understand... you like Masky", BEN said, his voice trailing off. I stood still, shocked. "I.... I-" BEN put a finger to my lips, shushing me. "I-it's okay Sally, I understand",  BEN said, he turned around and walked down the hall to his room, leaving me there.

I walked into mine and Clockwork's room, I closed the door behind me. I had to think, did I like BEN or Masky? It was such a hard decision, they were both so nice. There was something different about BEN though, something I really liked about him.

"I think.... I like BEN", I whispered to myself, looking out the window. "I like BEN", I said a bit louder, I have to tell him, I turned to leave the room. "Y-yo-you do-don't l-like Masky?" Hoodie's soft voice asked, I jumped at his sudden appearance. "I, uh, I..." I couldn't get the words out, Hoodie just nodded his head. "Y-yo-you kn-know I-I h-ha-have t-to tell h-him..." Hoodie said, I looked at the ground and sadly nodded my head. Hoodie pinched my chin and made me look up at him.

"D-do-don't w-worry S-sa-sally.... H-he-he'll und-understand", Hoodie reassured, trying to make me feel better, but his words had no meaning. His words were empty, and he knows that. Hoodie left my room, leaving me to sit there alone. I ran out of the room and down the hall, knocking on BEN's door. "Uh, who is it?" He called out, I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Sally", I said, it was silent for a second.

Was he going to leave me outside the door or let me?