CHAPTER EIGHT

"THE FUCK I TELL YOU NEVEAH HUH? HAVE MY SHIT COOKED BEFORE I GET HOME!" He yelled in my face as I gripped the wall, trying to block him from hitting me, the kids were.upstairs screaming and crying for him to calm down.

"Baby I got caught up." I cried, he picked up a plate and tossed it toward me but I ran and it shattered on the wall.

"NOW YOU RUNNIN HUH? THE FUCK I TELL YOU BOUT RUNNING FROM ME BITCH COME HERE!" He ran behind me yanking me back by my hair.

"DADDY STOP!!!" I heard Justin yell from the top of the stairs.
Devanté cocked his head up at him then back down at me.
"GO YOUR FUCKIN ASS TO BED BOY THIS AINT YOUR BUSINESS!"

Justin cried out for me but I was stuck in devanté grip.

"Justin baby remember what I told you? D-daddy just playing okay? He just playing." I tried to assure him from under my face full of blood and tears.

"Mommy he's hurting you!" He cried, before speaking again I felt metal shoved in my back, instantly I knew what it was.

"Justin..go upstairs okay? Mommy will be there to tuck you in..cover you and your sisters ears okay?" I watched as he nodded and ran up to the room closing and locking the door.

"Baby put the gun down.." I cried but he only pushed me to the ground standing over me with the gun pointing at my chest.

"You probably the one set me up huh? You just a fuckin groupie I loved, I'm dumb for that."

"Devanté you know that ain't true!! I held you down!"
"A fuckin facade. They tried to kill me bitch a bunch of niggas I ain't know and coincidentally you wasn't there."
"I WAS WITH DALVIN!!! YOU TOLD ME TO GO!"

He shook his head and grabbed the bottle of Hennessy off the table drinking from it then crying out.

"You fucking my little brother?? Y'all set me up so y'all could live happily ever fuckin after huh?" He laughed, his drunk state was taking over. "You wanna leave me? You wanna leave devanté ? Or you wanna leave Donald?" He laughed harder before taking the safety of the gun.
"Only way you doin that is leavin earth."
"DEVANTÉ!"

....
I felt a sharp pain in my heart, blood splattered on the floor and soon that same bottle of Hennessy was broken, his heavy body fell on top of mine.

He shot me in the heart.
Himself in the head.
Before we died, there was two things we both said.
"I love you."