Chapter 14

——

Y/n's POV:

"Do you want to hangout today?" Jeongin lays his head on my desk as he draws circles on the desk with his finger.

"I can't today my first day of volunteering starts today, maybe another day." It has been a few days since I got the application for volunteering, I was absolutely excited and nervous.

"Darn. I guess I'll spend today alone." He continues drawing those imaginary circles.

"You'll have the boys with you, right?" I felt bad for turning down his offer but I just couldn't miss volunteering today.

"Wednesdays are days I'm usually alone on. Either the guys have work or school. Since I'm the only guy in the house that doesn't have a job and is still in high school, I will be alone." He raises his head from my desk and packs his things in his backpack as the lunch bell rings.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I wish we could hangout but I can't. I'll make sure to call you when I get home." I gave him a reassuring bright smile.

"I'll be expecting that call then." He gives back a smile.

We head to our usual spot for lunch until a familiar face stands outside of the school's gate.

"Is that Chan?" I grab Jeongin's attention and point to the the blonde hair boy.

"Ya... why is he here?" Jeongin seemed confused as he made his way over to the gate and I followed right behind him.

"Jeongin, hey! Hi y/n!" Chan gave his bright smile allowing his dimples to show.

"Hi!" I great Chan back with a wave and a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Jeongin crosses his arms against his chest.

"What? Your not happy to see me? I'm hurt." Chan playfully rest his hand against his chest where his heart would be. "Fineeeee, I came here because you forgot your lunch at home." Chan hands Jeongin a brown bag through the gate's bars.

"Oh! Shoot! I didn't even realize I forgot my lunch. I thought I put it in my bag this morning but I guess not. Thanks." Jeongin accepts the bag of food.

"No problem. Hey, y/n? You are volunteering today right?" Chan turns to me with curiosity.

"Ya, I am."

"Could you say hi for me to my-." Chan catches himself and stops before continuing. "My..." Chan seemed lost on what to say.

"Don't worry I will." I knew he was talking about his grandmother.

"Thanks, I should get going now. Good luck on your first day!" Chan waves goodbye and wishes me luck.

——

The school day was now over and it was time to start my volunteering, which I was very nervous about. Jeongin decided that he would drive me to the hospital without a no. So I took his stubborn offer.

The car ride was the usual with Jeongin and I, listening to our favorite songs and talking about random things that come to mind.

He dropped me at the hospital and I took a deep breath and walked in. Before I reached the front desk, my phone buzzed in my hand. I check to see who texted me and it was Chan.

Chan🦘: Good luck on your first day of volunteering!! 😁

You: thanks 😊
You: I'll tell you all about it later I have to go bye bye👋

Chan🦘: Can't wait to hear how it went!! Bye!

I softly smile at the messages I received from Chan. I put my phone away in my pocket and head upstairs where my boss was.