Chapter Six

What is he doing back in town? Why is he here? "What the hell do you want." I hear Josh growl getting me out of my head. The next thing I knew I was behind all the guys with a confused Alec. I snap out of my mind and pushed my way through the guys. I guess the girls can fill Alec in. "It's okay," I say in a small voice. "No, it's not. He shouldn't be here." Kyle said between gritted teeth.

"Of course. That's why he wanted to come tonight." I hear a sneering voice. "Shut it, Tyra," Nick said. If you're wondering, Nick is my ex-boyfriend. "Jaxx can we..." "Don't call me that," I say irritated. "Please," he said with pleading and hopeful eyes. "No. you don't get to come back and think I'm going to just run back to you Nick. I've done that a million times yet I was the idiot. I was an idiot to think that every time you left and came back, that you'll change and you'll love me the right way." I say as tears run down my cheek.

I feel someone grab my hand and pull me behind them, but my tears were blurring my vision, but I had to get this off of my chest. "Not this time Nick, you don't get to say sorry to make yourself feel better. You never did. So no, you don't get to apologize for anything. I get to be happy this time. I get to be the one that breaks your heart." I continue as I squeeze the hand that's holding mines.

Nick is in tears and so am I, but this time the tears are on my term. "I loved you even when I didn't even love myself, but thank you. Thank you for breaking my heart and realizing that I don't need you. Thank you for making me realize that I'm stronger than I think I'm. Because of you, I have learned to love myself. At one point in time, you made me happy, but it does not overpower all the tears I have shed for you. I loved you before and right now.." I pause as I recollect myself. I wipe the tears away.

I looked down and noticed that it was Alec's hand that I was holding. I looked up at him and he was looking at Nick with this hatred I've never seen. It scared me, but being close to him made me feel safe. "I don't love you the way iI used to. I don't ever want to see you ever again. Promise me you'll never try to contact me ever again." I say. "JJ please do-.." "promise me," I say as my voice broke.

That's when I felt Alec looking at me. He knew how hurt I was and he knew that I knew that he knew. "I promise," Nick said with tears running down his face. I looked and Tyra and said, "you can have him." and walked away before I could hear anything else.

Everyone went by the campfire while I walked to the car to get some air. "Princess?" I hear as I finished wiping my tears away. I couldn't let him see me, not like this. "Hey, look at me," he said as he turned me around. "I'm sorry, I don't want you to see me like this," I say with a stiffed laugh. All he did was hug me and I just broke down and started to cry again because I felt so pathetic.

"Why did he want to hurt me, Alec? Why am I not strong enough? Why am I not enough?" I cry. I didn't want him to say anything and he didn't and I was thankful for that. After I got myself to stop crying he lifted me onto the hood of the car and said, "he's the idiot for losing the smartest, funny, beautiful, most caring person I have ever met. It wasn't you princess, he's the jackass."

This boy is going to be the death of me if he keeps staring at me with those eyes. I leaned closer to him, I really wanted to kiss him, but this wasn't the right time, so I just laid my head on his chest and sighed. "You want to go by your brothers? Are you hungry?" he asked me. "Yes and yes. I'm starving," I say. As he chuckled, I felt his chest vibrate a little and for some odd reason, that made me smile.

I just got a plate full of pizza and cupcakes, while Alec Had a plate full of pizza and brownies. I know, we are such fatties. "Hey, baby sis, you okay?" Kyle asked and scooted down on the chair for Alec and I to sit. "I'm not okay, but I will be fine," I say with a genuine smile. "Good, because tomorrow we are going to go get our nails done," Mia said with a very excited look on her face.

I laughed at her silliness. I was very happy to be surrounded by people I love. "JJ can I talk to you real quick?" Josh asked, I looked at him and he had this blank face. I never saw him this way. Before I got up, I took my sandals off then followed him towards the river. I wonder what's wrong. "How are you?" he asked without looking at me.

"I'm fine, Josh, what's wrong? Is everything alright?" I asked. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair while his other was in his pocket. "JJ, you know I love you right?" he asked as he stopped walking and finally looking at me. "Yes I do, I mean we are best friends for a reason, right?" I say to him. I'm so confused, of course, I know he loves me.

He runs his hand through his hair and says "No, you don't get it JJ! You're so ignorant why can't you just-" before he could even finish that sentence I slapped him hard across his face as tears ran down my face. "How could you?" I say. "JJ I didn't -" he tried to say, but I ran. I ran straight to the car and drove off. How could he? Why now? Why today?

I don't know how fast I was going or where I was going, but what I did know was that I didn't want to be there. Tonight was supposed to be about having fun before summer is out, but it was a total disaster. I cried even more just thinking about what had happened in the past twenty-four hours. I heard my phone ringing and I knew it was the guys, but I didn't pick up, instead, I turned off my phone. I couldn't deal with anyone right now. I knew I would hear it all tomorrow morning, but as of right now I couldn't deal with it. That is when everything happened so quick.