1

Zeno, now four years old and sporting the same blond hair and blue eyes as his father, yet brighter. He smiled and hummed along as his mother, Ryumaki Hinano brushed his hair with her fingers. The action making the four-year old boy slowly nod to sleep. His father was out, most likely selling firewood because it was autumn and winter was coming soon.

The boy was nodding to sleep when he spotted the tree his mother always prayed to. His mind puzzling, what was so godly about this wisteria tree? He opened his mouth to ask but paused to think over his questions. His mother noticing his quizzical look paused too and asked.

"What is it Zeno?"

"Mama.. what is so important about the wisteria tree?"

His mother smiled, it was a bittersweet smile Zeno realized. He could see longing in his mothers eyes. His mother then answered.

"It's a tree that the demons dislike, mama's family didn't own one so they're gone. But papa saved mama from the demon, and brought mama here where there are lots of wisteria trees."

And suddenly Zeno's head started to hurt. Something was trying to make itself known. He was remembering something. He frowned and held to the left side of his forehead as his mother continued to stroke his head. Finally lulling him to unconsciousness with the headache of 'remeberrememberremember'

And when he woke up. He wasn't Ryumaki Zeno anymore. Ouryuu Zeno had woken up instead.