The dream

Dick and Barbara ran into Damian's room. The little skinny boy was sitting up staring at the door screaming. Tim was already there standing close to the bed asking "What's wrong?" Dick sat next to the bed and held Damian close as the little robin sobbed on the former robins shoulder. Tim was standing in the same spot just staring at his brothers. "Tim what happened?" Asked a concerned Barbara. "I just heard him screaming and I ran through" Tim looked like he was about to burst out in tears. Next to come running into the room was Jason the second robin.
"What the fuck is going on?" He asked Barbara. "Jason he's eight! And we don't know." Jason put his hand on Barbara's shoulder and have her a nod. They both knew that the nod meant that Tim would be okay with Jason and Barbara could finally go to comfort Damian.
Jason have Tim a hug and asked if he wanted to watch a movie. Jason didn't want to leave Damian but he knew that his older brother and Barbara would be able to calm him down way more than he would ever be able to do.
Barbara went on the other side of the bed and gave him a kiss on the head. "What happened?" She asked.
Damian just kept on sobbing and when Dick tried to let go of their hug, Damian never let him.
"I saw him" Damian cried.
Barbara and Dick both knew who he was talking about. As kids everyone was scared of the joker deep down everyone is. The only one who wasn't scared of him was Bruce Wayne. But unfortunately he was gone.
"Do you want to talk about it, D?"
D was Barbara's nickname for Damian.
He didn't reply but he did stop crying. He let go of his brother and turned to Barbara. "I miss him"
" I know. We all do. But your father was an amazing man who loved you so much. He told me about a month before he died that he didn't know how he was able to get through life without you. You were a gift to him Damian and he loved you so much. I'm so sorry you didn't get to spend more time with him."
She always knew what to say. Dick looked at her and smiled. He genuinely did love her, he always had but he always screwed it up.
About an hour later Damian was fast asleep. Dick got up and looked over to see if Barbara was awake. She was. Dick pointed to the door. They both got up and slowly opened the door and closed it.
"I'm going to stay with him in case he has another nightmare. I don't want him to be by himself in the morning." She said to her best friend.
"Babs, you don't need to do this. Damian will be fine."
Dick wanted Barbara to stay with him because he wanted to be with her. Not just at that moment but  every single day.
"I know. He's a tough kid but I want him to feel loved. He's only 8 and he's had such a hard life so far." She said. Barbara kisses him on the cheek "Goodnight, boy wonder." She went back into the room and closed the door quietly.
Dick was left standing by himself in the long corridor of the manor.