The aftermath

Barbara Gordon AKA batgirl was looking out of the misty window. It was raining and there was a full moon. The moonlight was shining through the trees and into the window. She heard a door open. The creaky old door sent shivers down her spine as she looked to her left to see Dick Grayson AKA nightwing. The long and complicated history between them was what Barbara was thinking about. His dark hair was all messy and his bright blue eyes had tears gathering up in them. "Hey Babs." He said it very slowly. "Hey" She said back to her former boyfriend. She wasn't going to ask him if he was okay because they both knew that that was a very stupid question. He stumbled over to the large window where Barbara was standing. "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" He said. She looked at him and saw the moon light reflecting in his beautiful blue eyes. She was lost in thought for a second. "Yeah it's really beautiful." They both looked out of the window. He reached his hand out and opened the old creaky window. The air was fresh and cold. The cold did bother Barbara but she didn't say anything because he seemed to like the fresh air. "What are you doing up?" He asked her. He knew the answer but wanted to make small talk. She stared at him for a second before putting her hand on his cheek. Her hand was cold but he didn't mind. "I think we both know why." Dick Grayson was a smart guy and he always knew what to say to people. He knew how to comfort his brothers, listen to his friends problems and talk to girls but with Barbara, he never knew what to say. He kissed her cold hand and they had a little moment staring into each other's eyes. She then took her hand off his cheek and continued looking out of the window. A small tear started running down her cheek. "Barbara I really need to talk to you about something."
"When you use my name like that I know something's up." She wipes away the tear and looked into his eyes once more. "Do you think-maybe that...I don't honestly know what I want to say. I know what I want to say in my head but I can't find the words. I...I want to say thank you for staying with us for the past few weeks." She gave him a smile. "If I didn't Alfred's ghost would come to haunt me." Now was not the time for jokes. Barbara knew this but it just slipped out.
"I...love you, Babs."
Those 8 letters (I love you) took Barbara by surprise. He had said it before but it was about 5 years ago before he joined the titans and met starfire. She smiled and put her lips on his. Once the kiss was done she replied with "I love you too, boy wonder" They looked into each other's eyes and smiled and for a brief moment everything seemed perfect. A VERY brief moment that is because a second later they heard a terrible scream coming from Damian's room.