Chapter 6: Stolen Hearts

After Chris took me to an abandoned warehouse by the sea. Miss. Ichinomiya and Tiffany rescued me.

"Don't you think your joke's gone too far, Chris?" Natalie said coldly.

"I-I'm sorry... I was doing it for you, Natalie..." Chris replied sarcastically.

"Chris, the best thing about you is your honesty. Don't lie," she scowled.

"I had no choice! I was jealous of Alex because you love him so much. So I thought I'd show him by making him smell like a skunk!"

"A skunk?! I thought you were going to shoot me," I spoke.

"They're holding onto tiny bottles," Natalie implied. "I'd bet it has skunk scent inside of it."

"It was my ultimate secret weapon!" Chris cried.

I'm glad it's not a gun, but I'm happier they came to save me.

I start to tremble when I imagine having skunk scent poured all over me.

"...Tch. I'm glad I'm not the one you fell for," Tiffany spoke with relief.

"Tiffany..." Chris said quietly.

"If you really loved her, you wouldn't do anything to upset her."

"If I really loved her...? I can't believe I'm being lectured about love... But that must mean you're genuinely concerned about me!"

Chris gazes at Tiffany with a totally charmed look in his eyes.

Don't tell me...

"I've found true love..." he said happily.

"Huh?" Tiffany spoke surprisingly.

"Alex, you can have Natalie. Because now I have Tiffany!"

"What?!"

"Heheh... Just as I planned..." Natalie smiled proudly.

"Natalie, you...!" Tiffany scowled.

"I guess he prefers cool girls like you."

"You've gotta be kidding me!"

"Waaah! Wait, Tiffany!" Chris shouted with a smile. "Now I understand why Hunter likes you so much!"

"...Roxy, it's me. Bring the car around!"

Tiffany runs out of the warehouse, Chris following close behind.

"Wait, Mr. Davidson!"

His two henchmen chase after them and now Miss. Ichinomiya and I are alone.

"Um, thanks for coming to save me..." I said.

"I don't like it when people touch things that belong to me without permission," Miss. Ichinomiya stated.

"How did you know I was here?"

"I paged you about something regarding tomorrow, and you never answered. I thought something was strange, so I checked the GPS."

"There's a GPS tracker on the pager?"

"I need to know where my things are at all times... It looks like you kept up the act as my boyfriend in front of him."

"I thought that's what I was supposed to do?"

"You did well. Thanks to you, now Chris's affections have turned towards Tiffany."

"That's why you invited her with us today, isn't it?"

"She's the daughter of a famous Italian mob boss. Not a bad match, if you ask me."

Miss. Ichinomiya chuckles with amusement as we hear Chris's voice in the distance.