Chapter 9: Secret Past

"Bad guys like you who make me lonely deserve to be punished."

Just when I realize Natalie's face is coming closer, she presses her lips against mine.

No way... She's kissing me?! And in the hotel lobby, in front of everyone!

Natalie continues kissing me, unconcerned with hers and my lack of composure, and the stares of the Davidsons and Cecilia.

"Mmm..."

As she breaks apart from our long kiss, Natalie pretends to notice the Davidsons for the first time.

"Oh, Mr. Davidson! Chris!" she said surprisingly. "I'm so embarrassed... I didn't realize you were here!"

"Chris, things are just fine between these two!" Mr. Davidson scowled.

"But...!" Chris pleaded. "I'm telling you, Alex was with that woman over there! You saw them too, right, Tiffany?!"

"Yeah..." Tiffany replied.

"He said he needed her advice about something related to work, so I allowed him to go with her. I'm sorry I made you worry," Natalie explained.

"What?! That's what happened??" Chris asked shockingly.

"Please forgive me for the commotion, Mr. Davidson," he apologized.

"No, I'm sorry Chris jumped to conclusions," Mr. Davidson replied apologetically. "Let's go, Chris."

"Wait, Father!" Chris exclaimed.

"Let's go back to our room, Alex," Natalie said.

"O-Okay," I replied.

Natalie pulls me by the hand towards the penthouse elevator. I feel Cecilia's eyes on me, but I can't bring myself to turn around.

***

"That was going too far, kissing me in front of everyone!" I yelled.

"I had to do what was necessary in order to convince Davidson," Natalie scowled. "And whose fault do you think that was?"

"I... I'm sorry."

"I wouldn't even call that a kiss."

"What?"

She turns towards me. She puts her hands on my shoulders and pushes me up against the glass wall of the elevator.

"This is a real kiss."

Natalie grabs my chin. And before I even have time to resist, her lips are on mine.

"Mmm... Ah!"

Her lips press against mine in a deep kiss, wetting my lips.

This kiss is completely different!

"Haah... Ahh..."

My entire body goes limp. I've never been kissed like this before, and I start panting. Just then the elevator reaches the penthouse with a 'Ding!'"

"Go back to your own room today."

She pushes me away and gets off the elevator.

"Hey..."

The elevator door closes.

"What... was that kiss?!" I asked myself.

I press my hands against my mouth and sink to the floor, completely stunned.

***

"Natalie, I can't believe we have to say goodbye!" Chris cried. "And this time I have to be apart from Tiffany too, so it's doubly sad!"