Chapter 6.5: Tiffany's Point Of View

We drove to an abandoned warehouse near Tokyo Bay to rescue Natalie's bait.

"Thanks Roxy," I said.

"No problem, Miss. Oh."

The car drove off and we ran to the warehouse and found Alex tied up getting ready to be shot by a hottie. Natalie and I arrived just in time as we knocked down the lackeys to the ground.

"Natalie! Tiffany!" Chris shouted.

"What?!" Alex said.

Alex opened his eyes and saw us knocking the men to the ground.

"Don't you think your joke's gone too far, Chris?" Natalie said coldly.

"I-I'm sorry.... I was doing it for you, Natalie..." the hottie replied sarcastically.

Good lord...

"Chris, the best thing about you is your honesty. Don't lie," she scowled.

"I had no choice! I was jealous of Alex because you love him so much. So I thought I'd show him by making him smell like a skunk!"

That's really pathetic... I'd rather shoot him to impress Natalie instead of skunking up a loser.

"A skunk?! I thought you were going to shoot me," Alex spoke.

"They're holding onto tiny bottles," my friend implied. "I bet it has skunk scent inside of it."

"It was my ultimate secret weapon!" Chris cried.

Your secret weapon?! Oh please... Even I knew right away that that wasn't a real gun. His revenge for Natalie was a total failure. Roxy is an idiot, but she knows what revenge is and she knows how to do it right. Chris on the other hand is the total opposite.

I saw Alex trembling and assumed he was cold? Well... I don't know. I don't know anything about men.

"...Tch. I'm glad I'm not the one you fell for."

"Tiffany..." Chris said quietly.

Time to give him a lesson.

"If you really loved her, you wouldn't do anything to upset her."

"If I really love her...? I can't believe I'm being lectured about love... But that must mean you're genuinely concerned about me!"

Chris gazed at me with a totally charmed look in his eyes.

Oh no... Don't tell me—-

"I've found true love!"

"Huh?"

"Alex, you can have Natalie. Because now I have Tiffany!"

"What?!"

"Heheh... Just as I planned..." Natalie said, smiling proudly.

What the—?!

"Natalie, you...!" I turned to her and scowled.

"I guess he prefers cool girls like you."

"You've gotta be kidding me!"

"Waaah! Wait, Tiffany!" Chris shouted with a smile. "Now I understand why Hunter likes you so much!"

I quickly pulled out my cell phone and dialed Roxy's number.

"...Roxy, it's me. Bring the car around!"

I ran out of the warehouse, an idiot's following me close behind.

Oh great! The hottie is catching me!

Chris' henchmen also came and tag along the chasing game.

"Wait, Mr. Davidson!"

I really hate men! I really do!

Up ahead I saw Roxy driving the car full speed and sharply turning the car around.

Yes! Finally! Now I need to hurry up!

"I love you Tiffany! Come on! Tell me how you feel!" Chris shouted.

Do you really want to know how I feel? Oh... you really don't want to mess with me...

"Never! Catch me if you can! And maybe I'll tell you!" I shouted while speeding up my pace.

Just a few more feet...

"What the—?!"

Chris sprinted after me, laughing while he picked me up and twirled me in the air.

Why is my face hot?

I touched my cheeks and realized I was blushing.

"Put me down, you idiot!"

"Nope!" he replied with a smile.

His smile... His warm arms... This feels... nice. Wait?! What am I thinking?! I hate him! I don't even like men! But why do I feel like an idiot in love?

Chris pulled me closer to him and kissed me...

What... What is he doing?!

I slapped him on the cheek and used the opportunity to run to the car, swung open the door and plopped myself inside.

"Roxy! HIT THE GAS NOW!"

I breathed a sigh of relief as the car started to drive. I looked out at the rear mirror and was surprised at what I saw. Chris was running after the car.

"I LOVE YOU TIFFANY OH!" he repeatedly shouted.

I looked away from the mirror and told Roxy to kick the car to full speed.

My heart...

I put my hand over my heart and felt it beating through my chest. It was beating really fast and a gush of crimson rushes up to my cheeks.

What's happening to me? Oh my goodness... don't tell me that I—-

"Miss. Oh? Are you okay?" Roxy asked with concern as she turned around to face me.

"Oh! I'm totally fine," I said with a fake smile. "Thanks for being concerned about me."

"No problem. But um..."

"What is it?"

"You're blushing. Imagining something...?" she teased.

"NO!" I flustered. "It's just... It's just nothing."

"Oh... okay then."

That was close! Too close! Roxy maybe an idiot, but she's my "friend" and she knows what's up.

Roxy turned back to face the front and concentrated on driving through the dark night.

I have feelings... I can't believe it! There's no way though. But I-I love that idiot. No! Wait! Chris... I love Chris.

I looked back at the mirror and saw Chris' figure growing farther and farther away. I LOVE YOU TIFFANY OH! What he just said was barely even heard, but deep down my heart told me what he truly said. I started to form a smile on my face as I looked away from the mirror and looked out the window watching the midnight scenery going by.

I love him, but I can't. If I fell in love with him I'm going to change. Won't I?

I thought to myself for a moment and then I found my answer with a smile.

Get ready, 'Cause I'm never letting you go...