4. Rumour has it that....

SHE ORDERED FOR the carriage to be brought around and prayed that both Sebastian and Victoria were at home.

The heavens must have been working with her because both Victoria and Sebastian happened to be at home. How did she know this? Because right now she was sitting in the drawing-room with Victoria reviewing her plans. Victoria would secure a meeting with Sebastian while she waited in the drawing-room helping herself to the biscuit that was provided earlier.

Vicky was soon back, signaling that she could go to his study. She was almost quaking with fear. Now that the moment has arrived, Julia was terrified. Puffing out a breath from her mouth, she made her way to his study.

Upon entrance, Julia was confronted with rich dark colors of forest green and burgundy. A fire crackled and snapped in the hearth by the side of the room, and a large shelf lined the black wall with scores of intimidating tomes. As she stepped further into the room, Sebastian closed the ledger he was scrawling on and regarded her with narrowed eyes. Seated behind a strong mahogany desk that suited him perfectly, he crossed his arms over his chest and frowned at her.

"To what do I owe this visit," He snapped out.

Julia was momentarily lost for words. She stared at him sitting behind his desk and bit out, "I need your help."

He looked stunned for a second. "My help?" He asked.

"Didn't your sister tell you anything?" She visibly asked.

He shrugged saying, "Nothing, just that you wanted to talk to me. So what is this about," he asked, cocking one brow up, the brow in question disappearing under his hair.

"I need your help," Julia said.

"You have already said as much," he snapped out.

Ignoring him, she said, "I think I am in love with Lord Tonfield"

"You think you are in love with him or you are in love with him, which is it," Sebastian bit off.

"I don't know, I guess both," Julia said.

"And that is my business because?"

"Because he is your friend, and I hoped that I could enlist your help."

"Pray tell, how am I supposed to be of service," He muttered.

One, Julia said, ticking it off on her hand. "It is a known fact that lord Tonfield doesn't attend any social functions, and he often comes here. I was hoping you could allow me to get acquainted with him."

"Pray tell how am I supposed to do that," Sebastian muttered, resting his head on the wall behind him. He was very much the picture of bored nonchalance.

"By sending off a note to me anytime he is about the estate, the rest I can handle on my own," She said.

"I don't doubt that," Sebastian said. "Cole wouldn't even know what hit him. Very well, I might as well comply," He said, sounding bored.

"Thank you very much," Julia said.

Sebastian watched Julia until she exited his study. He was irked, but he couldn't pinpoint the particular thing that was irritating him. If he understands her well, she meant to seduce Cole. He shouldn't care, but why does the thought of that depress him.

Cole wouldn't even know what hit him, he was awfully quiet most times and she, she was like a thundercloud.

~~~

Mayfair, London.

JULIA WAS ON HER WAY back to the drawing-room. In her desperation to convince Sebastian, she had barely given two thoughts to her surroundings.