Chapter 1

Wang He Di can't remember a time when he wasn't in love with Wu LiMei

Wang He Di can't remember a time when he wasn't in love with Wu LiMei. He has been in love with her since he first laid eyes on her. Since he was eight.

His family had to transfer to Shanghai because of his father's work. And he met Wu XiZe in the primary school he transferred in. He was his first friend in his new school and the day he got invited to his birthday party was the day he met his younger sister. Wu LiMei. It was also when he felt his world shift.

He had a lot of guy friends but he was never into befriending girls. In fact, he had been called a snob so many times. He doesn't have an aversion with girls, he's just uncomfortable. But that changed when he met LiMei.

Up to this day, he can still remember how lovely she looked in her snow white costume. How kind she smiled at him when XiZe introduced the two of them and how soft her hand was when she grabbed his arm to give him a tour of their house. He may be young then but he was sure that she is the one he wants to marry.

And it seems lady luck was on his side because, after that first meeting, they had been inseparable. And Didi was the happiest when LiMei agreed to be his girlfriend on her sixteenth birthday. And life has never been better. 

Having a girlfriend like LiMei who's equally popular and is a campus crush in a way is a struggle for Wang He Di. But he wouldn't have it any other way. Because he knows and he is sure that nothing and no one can come between their love.

Until last night. When he discovered that what he thought as a happy loving relationship was a lie.

A total, absolute lie.

Try as he might, he cannot understand why LiMei cheated on him. He's far from perfect but he sure loves her. Only her. And he's fiercely loyal. As one of the team captains and quarterback of Mingde football team, he's extremely popular. And many girls have literally thrown themselves at him. But he was never tempted not even once. 

If there's one thing that he's proud of in their relationship, it was the mutual trust that they have for each other. And he's belatedly realizing that he's a fool for believing that. Clearly, LiMei took advantage of his trust and wandered off in the arms of another man. Worse is, she chose to cheat on him with his biggest rival and archenemy, Wang Guowei. 

Who also happens to be his brother. Well, half brother. That is a small consolation at least.

Didi can feel his eyes misting and he choked a sob that threatens to cut the supply of his oxygen as he felt a large lump in his throat. He grabbed a pillow to muffle his screams. He felt the need to let his emotions out or else he thinks he would just die from the pain.

He hastily wiped his tears when he heard a knock. After a few seconds, he saw XiZe who looked warily at him before deciding to come in his room but he didn't come close. His best friend stood by the door and after a few minutes said. "I'm sorry man."