Chapter 2

"You have been very kind to me the other day and I will forever be grateful for that

"You have been very kind to me the other day and I will forever be grateful for that. I came here to personally tell you that I'm sorry I couldn't push through with our plan. I just can't. I hope you won't be angry or disappointed with me. And here's the menu. You can order what you want. My treat."

Yue winced as she realized her blunder. She was so nervous that the moment Didi said hello to her, she immediately blurted out the speech she was practicing since early morning.

She suddenly woke up at around two, remembered that in a few hours she will meet with Wang He Di and started to panic.

Yue considers herself as socially awkward. It was never easy for her to make friends, or meet with a stranger alone. Or start a conversation. She's not into partying or socializing. She couldn't count how many times her coach in figure skating scolded her because she always shies away from interviews. She's not comfortable with a crowd or being the center of attention.

That's why everyone who knows her was surprised when she decided to train as a figure skater, and join competitions. She herself could not believe she can perform in front of a large audience, with cameras everywhere recording her every move.

But for Yue, everything ceases to exist once she had her skates on. It doesn't matter if she's practicing or competing. She is oblivious to anything that happens around her. It's just her, her skates, and the exhilaration of gliding through the ice.

Showing up for this meeting with Wang He Di had taken all her courage. She had considered backing out many times but she's too shy to cancel. She ended up going to the cafe really early to prepare what she's going to say.

She blushed when she saw Wang He Di still standing, looking intently at her.

"Oh and hello. Please sit down." She said as she motioned for Didi to take the seat opposite her.

"Breathe Yue," Didi said as he sat down and smiled at her, which made Yue blush more.

"Sorry," Yue said and she smiled shyly at Didi. "I'm really not into meeting with strangers. And I thought it's better to be upfront with you. Plus I'm really nervous and my headache is killing me."

Didi met Yue's eyes and it's as if he's looking at a mirror. He can see his own pain reflected in Yue's slightly puffy eyes.

His initial thought was that he would try and persuade Yue to change her mind. But seeing her face marred with anguish, Didi decided he will just let it go. 

"Will it make you feel better if I tell you I'm nervous too? Because I am. And I understand if you don't want to push through with it. Thank you for taking the time to tell it to me personally."

"Sorry..." Yue began to apologize to him again but Didi cut her off. 

"You said that you will treat me for breakfast right? No need to say sorry then. I'll just make sure to order a lot then we'll be even."