𝐹𝒾𝓃𝓃𝑒𝒶𝓈'𝓈 𝐿𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁𝑒 𝒮𝒾𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓅𝓉. 𝟣

[ Smut ]

I turn off the ignition, the car engine's quiet whirring coming to a complete stop. I look out the front window to see a moderately big and beautiful cozy house. I sigh before I pull out my phone from my back pocket. I open the text messaging screen, tapping away on the keyboard before pressing 'send'.

hey I'm at your house. are you here yet?

My eyes flicker up at the top of the screen to check the time; 4:32 P.M.

Probably not. He's usually either tutoring college students or writing a song or two at this time.

I hear my phone chime, the sound filling up the small space in the car. I look down and swipe open the message that flashes on the screen.

[Finneas]:

Not yet. Almost finished, though. Give me like 20-30 minutes.

[Finneas]:

Just head in. Billie should be there. But just in case she isn't there, should be a key in the potted plant next to the front door.

I smile, huffing out a breath through my nose before typing away again.

oh you're one of those people

I chuckle again in disbelief, shaking my head. I look at the three dots that indicate Finneas is typing before they disappear. A few seconds later a new message appears on the screen.

[Finneas]:

What are you on about?

that hide keys in front of the door like in a plant or under the doormat or something

[Finneas]:

And what's your point?

that's stupid

and strange

[Finneas]:

It is not.

I have never

in my twenty one years of living

known anyone that has actually done that

I just thought that that was something people made up in the movies

I didn't think that was r e a l

you know that's just asking to get robbed right

[Finneas]:

Will you just go inside already? You're distracting me from tutoring.

okay fine but you have to admit that I made a good point

[Finneas]:

Goodbye (Y/N).

I frantically type, imagining he's going to set the phone down for good soon.

wait wait I have an important question

I look at the screen. For a while there's no dots indicating he's typing, but as soon as I click the power button to shut my phone off, his name flashes on the screen.

[Finneas]:

Okay fine. What?

I smirk tapping away on the screen for a few seconds before pressing 'send'. I bite back a victorious grin, pleased that he took the bait.