Chapter 9: The One and The Ring

Today was one of the days that Kit was really nervous about as he looked at everything he had in the picnic basket as he opened the blue velvet ring box to see the beautiful engagement ring he and the girls picked out as he prayed that today was going to be in his favor.

He was lost in thought when Jane came downstairs to make herself a cup of coffee.

"Good morning Kit." Jane said as Kit jumped.

"Good morning Jane, you scared me." Kit said as he closed the top to the box and put it in his pocket.

"Jude is up." Pepper said as she entered the kitchen as Jude came into the kitchen and laid her head on Kit's shoulder.

"Good morning baby." Kit said as Jude wanted to go back to sleep.

"Good morning y' all." Jude said

"Are you ready for date night Jude?" Jane asked her.

"Yes, but I need coffee, breakfast and a shower before I even think about walking out of the house." Jude said as Pepper and Jane smiled.

"Well, me and Pepper are going out for a little while. Y' all have fun on your date." Jane said as her and Pepper went upstairs to get dressed.

"Time for coffee." Jude said as she made her cup as she felt her world becoming brighter as Kit smiled at her.

"What?" Jude asked him.

"You're adorable." Kit said as Jude smiled and shook her head.

"And you're a pain in my butt." Jude said as she came over and kissed him.

"Mhmm... Coffee and French vanilla." Kit said as he tasted coffee and creamer on her lips.

"What should we have for breakfast?" Jude asked him.

"I will make us some waffles, with your help, because I would just burn them." Kit said as Jude knew it was true.

"It's okay sweetheart, I love your effort in making them for me." Jude said as they started kissing as he backed her up against the counter as she started kissing his neck as Jane and Pepper walked in.

"Always a sight to see, ain't it Jane?" Pepper asked her best friend as Jude's face blushed red.

"Well, we were having a moment" Jude said.

"It's okay you guys, we understand you need "personal" time." Pepper said.

"Well, we're gonna go now." Jane said as she and Pepper walked out the door to her car as they got in and left to go decorate the house for Kit to propose to Jude.

"So, you never told me where you were taking me on our date." Jude said.

"That's a surprise baby." Kit said

"You always surprise me. Why won't you tell me?" Jude asked as she locked her arms around the back of his neck and his hands rested on her hips.

"Because if I told you, then it would not be a surprise. You're going to love it baby, I promise." Kit said as Jude tried not to worry.

"The real time I was promised something by someone that me and you know who, I was locked in a damn mad house and left to rot and die there." Jude said as she felt a twinge of bitterness inside of her as Kit looked down.

"I'm not him Jude." Kit said all of a sudden as he walked to the window.

"I know that sweetheart and I was not saying you were." Jude said as she tried to wrap her arms around him, but he just shrugged her off.