Chapter 10

Guys, I'm really, really, super duper sorry for not updating in over a month. Finals and holidays... I'm sorry. But, how were yours?

I can't wait for the chapters to come up ;) I think you guys will love them. Well, you might actually hate them. It'll be a love/hate this. This book is just a big drama script, honestly. The ball just keeps rolling and falling lower, and lower, and lower, and lower....

~JD Xx
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*
Zayn groaned as he looked at the single line he had just drawn on his otherwise clean piece of paper. With a frustrated sigh, he tore it forcefully out of his neon green and blue bonded sketch book. Crumbling it with all the strength he could, Z then threw it across the room near the overflowing mini paper trash bin next to the door. Zayn was then faced, again, with a fresh page in his book.

He turned the book around and around in hopes of finding whatever he was looking for. Zayn didn't know what this is, of course. Suppose you can call it "Artist's Block". Like writers block, when he can't seem to know what to draw. No, he had an idea. But, it was foggy in his mind. This meant even the first line he couldn't seem to figure out how to draw as he felt correct.

The Bradford boy was about to attempt his seeming millionth try when his phone piped up singing a Demi Lovato mash-up. Of course, only one boy could have that ring.

"Niall," Zayn answered dryly.

"Zaynie," Niall whimpered like he was in pain, "I need help."

Zayn dropped the sketch pad onto the desk he was using in his room and moved his entire attention to his friend on the cell, "Niall, what's wrong?" Zayn panicked.

"God, I'm so #^(%!-? stupid!" Niall moaned pitifully, "I let myself fall in love. With my #^(%!-? best friend! A-and he's not even single because he's dating my other friend and #^(% I-I can't; it hurts," Niall cried.

Zayn sighed sadly, "I know. I'm sorry, Nialler."

Zayn heard Niall pause and sniffle through his tears, "W-wait. You knew?"

Zayn sighed sadly again, "Yeah. Harry came over two days ago, Wednesday, and told me about everything that's happened with you guys. He was in hysteria."

Niall whined and sniffled again, "It hurts when I think about him and Louis together. I don't mean to sound selfish but, $#!+, I feel like he should be with me."

Zayn thought back to his conversation he had only just had over the phone an hour before, "Just give it time, Niall. I don't think they'll stay together long," Zayn admitted.

Niall's breath hitched, "What do you mean?" He feverishly pushed.

Zayn ran a hand nervously through his uncharacteristically unstyled raven hair. He moved from the oak wooden desk chair he had been using, and to his large queen sized, blood red fabricated bed.

He laid on his back and stared blankly up at his equally blank ceiling while he talked, "Harry's... Fragile, right now."

Niall hummed, "But Louis is fantastic with taking care of people. Especially Harry."

"But, Louis is even more fragile," Zayn pointed out, "He can help people, especially Harry, but it hurts him to do so. That's why whenever he takes care of his sisters, he comes home and crashes in his room. Harry then helps Lou get back on his feet. Harry has never really been like this. Louis has no one to lean on. Their chain is broken.

"Honestly," Zayn paused as he thought back in his life with regret, "a broken chain can never truly be fixed."

Niall was silent on the other end of the line as he processed the information he had just been given. "So," he murmured, "I might have a chance?"