16 - Day Two✔️

+Brandy

It was a rainy day today.

You'd think since it rained all day yesterday, Mother Nature would take a break and give us a chance to recover. But nope, she came back again. This time with full force. According to the news, there was a hurricane quickly approaching us. They weren't too sure on what day it would hit Georgia but if they had to estimate, hurricane Michael would be here five days from now, coming in at a category three... maybe even a four.

We were prepared for everything... but a hurricane. It never even occurred to us that a hurricane could screw up our whole plan.

Elijah has been on edge ever since he got the news. "Maybe we could just do it the week after the hurricane hits," I suggest. "I'm sure there will be ten times the people at the bank if we do it then."

Savannah shakes her head. "No, way too risky. Plus natural disasters are when people really need money. I don't know about you guys, but I don't feel like shitting on anyone when they're in need. That's bad karma."

Mia rolls her eyes. "It doesn't matter what event that takes place Savannah, people are always gonna be in the need of money. I say we stick to the original day though. It's more convenient."

Michelle nods. "It really is, seeing as it's Andreas's birthday and he won't be there on that day. And you guys are really stupid if you believe that we're robbing innocent people. The money that's in the vault belongs to the government, not them. Their personal funds aren't in the branch that's going to be robbed, nor any of the other branches. Their money is changed from paper to electronic form and it's apart of the giant reserve of funds that the bank keeps on deposit. Therefore people will be fine." The girls look at her strangely and she only shrugs. "What? It's basic economics."

"You seriously need to go to college when you get your money," Elijah says, finally looking up from his phone. His phone has been pinging nonstop, since last night. I'm sure it was because of Kelly. "You're way too smart."

Michelle blushes a bit. "College is stupid. It's just another way to make the government money. I'd rather just keep my money and just save." She says, before averting her gaze back on her notepad.

Elijah nods. "I see your point, but still. College is always an option." He picks up a Chinese calendar from his takeout bag. "We'll continue on with the original date... even if the hurricane hits. As of right now, we're getting new things. Michelle checks to see if you can get a truck, one that has plenty of room and does great in the rain. Savannah, see if you can get into the systems of all of the police precincts that's near the bank. Brandy and Mia, you guys are on grocery duties. Get only hurricane food and enough to last us a couple of weeks." He says, before handing us separate envelopes with money. "If you need more, just ask."

"Oh, he got money, money!" Savannah says, smiling at Elijah.

My eyebrows raise. "Where'd you get this from?"

He sighs. "It doesn't matter. Just know that it's clean." I opened my mouth to ask him more questions but then decide against it. It wasn't any of my business. "Also, I've got some news."

"What is it?" Mia asks. "Is it good news? Because if it isn't, I don't want to hear about it. I don't have room in my life for any more negativity."

Elijah chuckles. "It's good news... well at least it's good news for me."

"Well, what is it?" I ask.

"Yeah, spit it out already. The suspense is killing me." Michelle says, giving us her undivided attention.