[ 3 ] teacher's pet

The next morning, Lyla slept peacefully, but I was up early as can be

The next morning, Lyla slept peacefully, but I was up early as can be. I decided I needed a shower before school started, so I carefully crawled out of her bed and padded my way down the hallway, to the guest bathroom.

I swung the door open, revealing a half naked Chris Hammond. I shut that door just about as quickly as I opened it and figured, a shower wasn't totally necessary. My armpits didn't stink that bad. I can go another day.

But you still have to pee, idiot. My subconscious sneered.

I sighed and walked back into Lyla's room, going into her en suite bathroom and locking the door behind me.

I'll just have to shower really quietly.

By 7:30, Lyla and I were both awake. I, freshly showered, was ready on time and waiting in the back seat of Chris' truck, and he silently sat in the front as we waited for Lyla.

"Uh, Tess—."

"I should've knocked, I'm so sorry," I blurted, interrupting him.

"Hope I didn't scar you for life," Chris said, chuckling as he shook his head.

"Oh, no, trust me, it's not the first time I've seen a naked man."

Breaking the tension, Lyla swung open the passenger door of the truck and hopped in.

"Finally done? Any longer and you were gonna be late." Chris turned over the engine and pulled out of their driveway.

"Dad, curls like this don't just happen, they take time, effort.. love." Lyla smirked, fluffing her hair, and turning back to look at me.

"Yes?" I laughed.

"You were up early. I missed my cuddle partner." She pouted.

"We don't cuddle, Lyla, relax." I continued laughing at her comment.

"Well, maybe I wanted to this morning, the bed was so cold without you."

"Oh, shut up."

When we arrived at school, Chris pulled up right in front of the building.

"Thanks for the ride, Mr. Hammond." I smiled, getting out of the truck before he had a second to reply.

"I'll catch a ride with Tessa after school, okay, Dad?" Lyla called back to him as we walked up the walkway.

"Alright, have a good day, girls!" He called after us, and I felt his emerald colored eyes burning into the back of my head.

I turned around once more to glance at him, and he was just staring at me.

He jutted his chin up, and I did the same, before he pulled away.

"Did you hear me?" Lyla nudged my shoulder.