[ 2 ] i think he knows

"Just have my dad take you back to my house; sleep over tonight

"Just have my dad take you back to my house; sleep over tonight." I listened to Lyla on the phone as I waited for them to call me in for my interview.

"Only if Chelsea's not home. I don't like sleeping in that house alone," I replied, uncrossing my legs when I heard the dean's office door open.

"You'll feel safe at my place. You'll have the Sheriff there with you."

I laughed at her comment, "Ly, I gotta go, I think they're calling me in."

I hung up quickly as the door opened and the dean of students called my name, among the other fifteen teenagers sitting outside his office.

"Miss Burns, I'm Mr. Polite, I'm the Dean of Admissions. It's a pleasure to meet you." The older man smiled, and we shook hands.

"Likewise, Mr. Polite." I smiled back and we took our seats. It was a more relaxed setting than I thought. I sat in one leather chair, and he sat opposite me in a loveseat.

"So, I'll just get right to it then. Tell me about yourself." He gestured for me to begin as he flipped to a fresh page of his notepad.

"Well, my name is Tessa, but everyone calls me Tess." I began with a small smile. "Um, I'm a senior at Rivervale High School, which is about an hour away from here. I live with my older sister, and legal guardian, Chelsea. Our parents died almost nine years ago in a —." I regretted saying that the moment it left my lips, but chuckled to pass it off.

"Oh, I'm very sorry. I believe I knew your father, Sebastian, correct?" He asked quizzically.

"Sebastian Burns, yeah. He went to Spellman. So did my mother, Greta Joplin." I nodded, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear.

"They were two of the best student ambassadors we've ever had. I'm so sorry to hear about their passing."

"Thank you, we've certainly been through a lot the last few years."

"And your sister, Chelsea, are you close with her?"

"Of course, she's practically my best friend. Of course we have our differences, like all sisters, but she's more than just a sister to me. She's a mother, too." I loved talking about my relationship with Chelsea. And he was eating it up.

"And Chris Hammond, is he the man you dream about when you touch yourself at night?"

"I beg your pardon?" I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"Your extracurricular activities. It says in your application that you play volleyball and ride horses." The dean repeated himself.

Christ.

"My extracurriculars. Of course. Well, I've ridden horses since before I could walk, but I only started to ride competitively when I turned thirteen. As for volleyball, I've played since middle school."