[ 4 ] 11 minutes

Once we got to the party, Lyla pinkie swore that she wouldn't drink so she'd be able to drive us home

"Come on, I won't even have a sip." She reassured me as she parked her car a few houses down from Lola's.

"Neither will I. I don't drink like that anymore, anyway," I countered.

Just last year, Lyla had been hospitalized and put into rehab for five months for her drinking problem. She'd driven Chris' truck into a cement divider after her and her ex boyfriend got into a fight, nearly killing herself and the other people on the road.

"Tess," she sighed, leaning her head back. "I'll be okay, seriously. I want you to enjoy yourself like you used to. I miss Brooke." Lyla pouted, referring to my drunk, fake ID bearing alter ego.

"Brooke was fun, but—."

"COME ON, LADIES!" Peter's and his friend, Kyle's, voices made me jump as he knocked on the window a few times.

We got out of the car and Peter grabbed our hands, leading us down to the house.

"We've got beer pong set up, some freshies that snuck in are playing truth or dare, aaaaand, I can't wait to see Brooke come out of hiding." He smirked and nudged my shoulder.

"Peter, please try and convince Mother Theresa here that I'm fine and can handle being around alcohol." Lyla tried to continue to convince me that she'd be sober enough to drive us both home.

"I just would much rather enjoy this party sober." I smiled at all of them, before Kyle handed me his cup.

"At least finish my beer." He raised an eyebrow, suggestively.

"I don't know," I laughed, raising my hand to stop him.

"What do you think I'm gonna do? Drug you?" He laughed loudly and Peter chimed in.

"Yeah, Tess, I poured him the beer myself, it's all good."

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and took the cup, taking a few sips out of it. "But, never fucking joke about drugging someone. Ever."

"Finally, I get to meet the famous Brooke." Kyle smirked and put his arm around my shoulder once we had gotten into the house

"The famous Brooke is reserved for me and me only." Peter came up behind me and pulled me away from Kyle.

"Excuse me, boys, Brooke is reserved for me." Lyla pulled my arm towards her, and I felt like it was about to come out of its socket.

"Ow.." I mumbled, rubbing my shoulder. "Brooke is her own damn woman, excuse me." I narrowed my eyes at the three of them. "And.." I reached for the bottle of tequila on the counter, pouring some into an empty shot glass and taking it, expertly. "She drinks when she wants to. Not when everybody tells her to."