Chapter 6

I walked back into my hotel room ready to get blown up with questions from Kristen. I walked over to my bed, plopping down all my stuff on it, and laid down. I just starred at the ceiling for a while waiting for Kristen to say something. Finally she said something to break the awkward silence between us.

"Um so, where the hell were you?" She asks in a concerned, almost pissed off tone.

"You might want to get comfy to hear all of this." I said nervously, knowing she was going to freak out.

"I'm listening." She's says as she adjusts her positioning in her bed.

"First, do you have any recollection from last night at that bar down the road?" I said

"OMG yes you were with Dak!" She says smiling finally.

"Ok well yea we sort of exchanged numbers, he walked me back here from the bar and things were taken to the next level in the elevator." I say pausing looking at her reaction before beginning again.

"Andddd spent the night together" I said nervously looking down and my hands.

"YOU WHAT?" Kristen said, yelling really really loud.

"Kristen stop freaking out because then it'll make me freak out even more!!" I say

"OMG. What happened?" She said

"Well Yanno, exactly what you're probably thinking." I say side eyeing her for her reaction once again.

"Oh my god you lucky bitch!!!" She says jumping up and down on the bed smiling.

Well that wasn't as bad as I thought.

"Kristen I know it's all overwhelming but he's sooo sweet. I feel like I'm in love!" I say smiling wide thinking about Dak once again.

"Oh my god I bet! Did you get his number or anything like that?" She said clapping and smiling.

"Yes I did get his number and wants to take me to breakfast in a little."  I said nonchalantly.

"AHHHH OMG KAYLIE" she says yelling once again really really loud.

"Will you calm down, as great as it all sounds it
does really suck too because after today, I will probably never talk to him again, let alone see him ever again." I say frowning.

"He just was probably lonely and felt bad for knocking me over in the bar, and was probably just being nice just to get some.  I mean why wouldn't I accept that offer, it's Dak Prescott we're talking about here. Although it seemed different, it felt different. A good different. It's weird, it's almost like he is different then most guys. I'm not complaining it was good while it lasted, but I'm sure going to be sad once this day is over." I say finishing up my mini rant to Kristen.

Kristen lets out a deep breath. "Well you never know, maybe things will be different."

"Maybe, but probably not." I say sighing sadly.

"Well anyways I got a breakfast date to attend." I say with excitement putting some pep in my step thinking positively towards this whole situation.

Kristen just shook her head at me and laughed.

I shuffled into the bathroom with excitement as I grabbed a washcloth off the drying rack and washed my face. I brushed my teeth, then combed my hair. I opened the door, went to my suitcase to grab a new set of clothes to wear and walked back to the bathroom. I slipped out of my pj'a and threw on some black leggings and an oversized blue sweater from free people. I slipped on my white vans that were laying on the bathroom floor. I touched up some of my makeup then grabbed my sunglasses sitting on the sink. I take some Advil to relieve my headache, so I'm not a miserable bitch all day. I made my way back out to my bed and plopped down on it for a bit. Minutes later I received a text from Dak. Eeeeeeeekkk!