Tempers and Tryouts

The rest of my classes flew by and finally it was last period. Looking at my schedule I saw it was study hall. Smiling I clumsily made my way towards the library to get some homework done.

Sadie plopped down after a while and then we started talking, forgetting about that essay I was planning on starting.

"So how do you know Alex?" Sadie asked me and I smiled slightly.

"I accidentally hit him in the face with my locker door and then complimented his eyes." I laughed and heard someone shush me in the distance.

"Haha! What'd he say?" She giggled trying to keep her voice low.

"He said he liked my eyes too." I said and her eyes widened before she practically squealed.

"He liked your eyes! Ohmygawd! This is better than that pack of sour gummy worms Danny gave me, and they were a family pack!" She said and I realized why she was so excited and pouted slightly.

"Man I wanted one!" I said and she laughed evilly.

"Aww I'm sorry- not! Haha sucker they're all mine! Mine!!!!"

"Shhhh!" The librarian shouted loudly. I remained silent but then Sadie just had to go 'Shhhhhhhhh!!!' to the angry librarian.

<>-<>

And that's how you get kicked out of a library. Thankfully it was the end of the day and I couldn't wait until I could get home and sleep and watch Doctor Wh-

"Abbey!" Ashley screeched loudly and I let out a groan. Tryouts, grrrrr.

"Let's get you changed!" She smiled and grabbed my hand causing me to frown.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my sister but I hadn't gone to school with her for a full year which made her go mama bear crazy, imagine what happens when we go to different colleges.

She pushed me into the girls locker room and gave me some black running shorts and a white penny.

Getting changed I gasped. "Ash! What the heck am I wearing?" I said, my bra extremely visible.

"A penny, what else would you wear?" She asked innocently and laughed while I let out a grown of frustration.

"Fine have this shirt." She said tossing me a familiar white t-shirt that had a number one on the back with the name Solo for the U.S. Women's Soccer Team.

"Isn't this mine?" I asked in confusion and watched her nod vigorously.

"I grabbed it from your drawer this morning." She explained as she pulled me out to the football field.

<>-<>

As we all stood in a line I stared at my grey and purple running shoes wishing I was invisible.

My sister showed us what to do and made us repeat her.

Thankfully, years of Just Dance on the Wii had finally paid off. I smiled glad it was over but it fell once I realized it was just a warm up.

Slumping, I heard applause and turned around to see Sadie and Danny smiling and sitting up in the stadium bleachers cheering loudly.

Letting out a laugh, I hid my face in my hands and waited for their whooping to stop.

For the next hour, we all did simple exercises and dances and then the football team came out, their practice probably just ended on the football field. Ashley strutted around and waved at a few of the football players before making us do our best cheers in front of the current cheerleaders and football team.

Oh Lord take me now, I pleaded as the line grew shorter and shorter. Then finally it was my turn. "Go Abbey!" I heard Sadie and Danny shout. My sister gave me a quick wink and heard one of the football players let out a cheer.

I stared in shock, wanting to see who he was, but annoyed at not seeing his face since he wore his helmet along with the rest of the team.

Who in their right mind would cheer for me?

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and once the upbeat music started I began.