Prologue

"What would you do with the power that has been gifted to you? What would you do in the future? How many lives will be affected by your actions... human?"

SNAP!! Fingers snap right in front of the boy's face.

"Yo, earth to Noah! Are you deaf?"

Noah Casimiro, your average high school boy, was staring at the distance of the view overlooking the city.

"What?! Oh, it's just you John..."

"Don't give me that, were you even listening... and, you look less energetic today. What's up?"

John A. Blakelock, his best friend was going on about the plans when all 6 of them graduate from school. Noah wasn't paying attention due to last night. Those voices he heard last night; he can't get them out of his head.

"Sorry, I had a rough night," Noah said with a fake smile.

John sees through it but decides to not pursue further. They've known each other for years, along with the others. They stayed there for a moment looking at the view. "Come on, let's go." John said giving him a light pat on the back, and the two leave the view.

The bell rings and the two leave the balcony to return to their room. Today, they would be released a little early today due to an anomaly in the skies tonight, but the news and the government assures the public that it's nothing of concern.

Weeks ago, astronomers found the anomaly that strange objects were headed for earth, but they would just pass by... a meteor shower to the public's eye, but to them it's entirely different.

....

"You two are late!!" a girl comes rushing over to them. She trips onto the boys, but luckily for her, the grabbed her. She gave them a bright smile.

"We're not late Andrea, and where's Gary at?" John said.

"He's... in the bathroom?"

Andrea Williams and Gary Monroe, two of the 6 friends. Andrea is the cheerful one, when there's fighting or tension, she's the one to break the ice and cool it off. Gary on the other hand, lazy and unpredictable. The guy can lift his weight, but still.

"Is he really?? Or did he sneak off somewhere for his 'cleansing'?" Noah said sarcastically with air quotes. John gives him harassing remarks, comparing him to Gary, saying that he could fair better. This riled him up and made a fist at John. John smirks, saying that Noah finally got his spirits back.

Andrea looks at the two in puzzle, wondering what happened. But by the time she asks, a loud stomp echoes, followed by a roar. Gary came all excited and a bag in hand. Before he could do anything more embarrassing, someone behind knocked him out, then grabbed him by the collar.

"I swear this idiot gets worse every day. Is it just me or -?" Said the man with a tall physique. The man is Mars Williams, Andrea's older brother. Mars was holding Gary by the collar and tossed him at Noah. He grabbed him at the last minute, but sadly they both fell to the floor. Noah removed Gary off him and jumped back to his feet and barked at Mars.

"What was that for jerk!?" Noah said.

"Well, his energy back to normal... but that will be a little blunt to him, though." John said.

Noah gave both John and Mars the stink, but Andrea got between the tensions pushing them apart gently. As for Gary, he was still on the floor. Suddenly, he was being stepped on by a pair heel. The pain made him stand up but knocked the one stepping on him to the floor. A hand appears from his backside, pushing him up from the person. The person slowly rises, wiping the dirt from her clothes, and fixes her glasses. That girl's name is Annabelle. She was the quiet one among them, yet her actions speak louder than words.