Part 3

The next day I wasn't in speaking terms with Kai at the moment. But, I am doing my daily routing; parkour and maintaining my flow. I've had my fill on the suspense lately, but to turn a blind eye to someone in need... it gives me a sinking feeling and running away makes me feel a little disgusted.

On a day off, I run through the suburb's rooftops. Ignoring those around me, getting better at it by the hour. Kai keeps bugging me on maintaining, but I just ignore him all together.... I think back to that night; the young man bleeding to death in front me, Kai holding me back, to keep himself a secret... I get being cautious, but he still could've done something, we could've done something. By the time help arrived, he was already gone. I felt a pit in my stomach, being held back, keeping this thing a secret.

Kai: "Will you slow yourself? You have been going on like this for a couple of days already?"

I keep ignoring him, getting to tick him off. Time after time, he keeps pestering... until finally, he heaves a heavy, frustrating sigh. He concedes and apologizes. Yet he still tells me to understand, I wasn't ready; in over my head, rushing things. I try to ignore his plea until he mentions something very tempting.

Kai: "I think it is about time for the 'shoot lightning' trick."

I immediately stop what I'm doing, nearly at the edge of a roof and close to falling into an alleyway. I turn to him and asked him, "why now, not then?!"

If it were back then, I could've saved that man. He just gives me a serious look, with the same answer over again. I couldn't take it and walk through him. I grabbed some empty cans leftover on the roof and lined them up on the edge.

It was secluded enough for no one to see what is going on. No one near enough, within camera shot can see what I'm going to do. As I walk within shooting distance from the cans, Kai gives me a pointer.

Kai: "You humans have a simple weapon; a slingshot. Which then evolved to the gun. Imagine that, at the palm of your hand. Let the energy flow within your arm and, as if you are pulling, shoot."

I stare at one of the cans, holding my hand out, with my middle finger stretched out, like an iron sight. Kai flows his energy to my arm. Sparks of electricity start to form, bouncing off slightly. I imagine I'm holding a gun, and slowly pull the trigger. But then, nothing comes out. I try many poses to see if that would work... yet I just look ridiculous. An hour has passed and still nothing.

Kai: "Concentrate, I am letting it flow- "

Noah: "Within me and are starting to become an annoyance! Look, I just can't do it, it's humanly impossible!"

I vented out all my frustration out on him; on between the time he first landed to now, a rollercoaster of surprises, my frustration on last night, and to top it off: those around me. They're starting to get suspicious and I can't keep this secret up. The more I rant and go on, Kai starts to get a little frustrated too. We began to argue until.

Noah: "You know, I regret being there when you landed, cause' my life was going a hell of a lot better without all this, alien bull!"

Kai: "Right back at you. It would have been easier if neither of you humans were nearby... or the very least, that girl, Andrea, had taken the fall and I take over her."

I froze upon what he said. I turn to him, clenching my fist, flowing the energy into my arm and raise it at him.

Noah: "Don't you dare say that. Don't EVER say that!"

Sparks begin to fly off my arm. Kai gets wind of it and starts to irritate me some more.

Kai: "You know, while I was in that feeble brain of yours; I dug through some of your memories. You never stood up for yourself, yet you always offer a helping hand. And I wonder why? Then I dug some more until I found out about your mother."