Part 4

Late in the afternoon, I return to my usual spot after practice. The burns on my arms are almost completely healed. The jacket was all but burnt up to the sleeves and was giving off a burnt scent. What happened today was crazy, I stopped a runaway train; even though I was the cause of said runaway.

John and Andrea saw me... I hope they don't recognize me, or worse flip out when I see them around.

My phone has been buzzing; a couple of missed calls and texts from Luna and dad. Dad has to work late again with Celeste. And Luna is going to be spending the night at her friend's place. Yet there's something weird at the end of one of her texts.

Luna: "'Don't forget to let them out. – Luna.' "

....

What does she mean by that?

Ah, forget it. It's probably nothing... But for caution, I grabbed a quick snack at a local mart. A couple of coconut water drinks; says it'll boost up electrolytes. I sit outside the mart and take it all in. Kai appears next to me.

Kai: "We did it."

Noah: "We?"

Kai: "I supply you with the power and you use them to fix the situation. So, of course, we."

Noah: "Whatever you say, you figment."

Still, after using his energy, I can feel the drawback of it. I'm getting a little tired like I haven't slept in days. My hands won't stop shaking, even when I try to take a drink. He says it's just the jitters and, since he's in my brain, all that energy has to be stored somewhere. I'm just glad it didn't make me drop my thinking logic.

The afternoon passes and its night. John and Andrea haven't been trying to get a hold of me.

Kai: "You know they know now, right?"

Noah: "I know... I'm just waiting for which side will pull the question out."

Kai: "Then I suggest you head home for now and tell them tomorrow. It has been a long day, Noah."

Noah: "Yeah... long day."

I finish my snack and proceed to the next available train back home, maybe I'll try riding on the train again to save up some money.

...

Once I reached home, a thought occurred to me; the last part of Luna's text, I feel like that my friends arrive at my house before they left, told them that they're waiting for me or something.

I stand in front of my door and am hesitant to even open it.

Kai: "What is wrong. You know they are there, waiting for you. Is this what you call, 'intervention'?"

Noah: "Something like that..."

But knowing them... I unlock my door and slowly open it. The lights are out and I can barely see inside. Kai doesn't sense anyone in or is just not accustomed to his condition yet to do it yet.

Kai: "You are correct."

Still, I keep my guard up and turn on the lights.

No one was home. For a minute I thought it was weird for her to send that last part of the text. Well, I guess I'll just tell them tomorrow.

...

Is what I want to do, until I turn to the kitchen and am greeted by an ungrateful surprise.

John: "Now!"

Mars and Annabelle jump at me out of nowhere and tackle me to the ground, holding me in place, with Mars holding down my legs and Annabelle giving me a submission maneuver. Gary and Annabelle come out and are surprised, confused.