Chapter 29

MATURE

UPDATED/NEW CHAPTER

Charlie

      I woke up to sun streaming on my face, and I was fully clothed. Damon must have dressed me after I fell asleep. I turned over, and he wasn't in bed, and I was slightly disappointed until I heard him speaking in the other room. Though what we did last night was amazing, it wasn't going to be enough to keep the heat at bay. The only way to stop heat is when we mate fully. I give myself till the end of this trip for that. 

      I knew today was going to be busy because it was the start of the conference. Which meant a whole lot of work had to be done, like talking to people, being friendly, pretending to like them. I don't know if I am mentally prepared for that. I got up and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower and wash my hair. My curls were all over, and I needed to tame them a bit. 

      Once I was done, I went through the clothes to try and find an appropriate outfit for being a "queen." Which it doesn't feel like most of the time. I just feel like a regular member of the pack. I should probably get that in gear when I get back. I decided that skinny black jeans and a tight-fitting, burgundy button-up would suffice. I did light makeup and blew dried my hair out.

     My hair was so voluminous today; it was like a mane. I looked in the mirror, and I had this glow for some reason. It was different. I put my shoes on and walked into the living room to see Damon wearing a full-on dark gray suit. "Oh, I am so underdressed." He turned around and smiled at me as he adjusted his tie. As he did that, my mind went straight to the gutter. I wanted to take that tie and put it around his wrists.

      "No, you look great!. And you're hair. Your hair is gorgeous today." He walked up to and grabbed my hair and ran it through his fingers. "Thank you. She is wild today." I said, smiling at him. "Are you sure that I'm not underdressed? I can put on a dress or something." I asked him honestly. 

     "No, this is good. I only look like this because I am speaking. Tomorrow I will be wearing jeans and a T-shirt." He laughed and leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. "There's not much for breakfast but, there are blueberry muffins." He suggested to me.

     "Yikes, I'm allergic to blueberries. FYI." I told him as I followed him to the kitchen. I was finally able to look around the hotel room, and it was gorgeous. The decor was exquisite, and the color scheme. I looked out the window, and we had the most beautiful view of the ocean. I could get used to this. "Oh yikes, I am so sorry," He went and grabbed the muffins and threw them away. 

      "What is the plan for the day?" I asked him as I went and sat down on the couch. "Well, first, we have some small talk. I was just meeting other alphas and creating relationships. Then there is a small conference with me and the alphas of the largest packs that will last about an hour and a half. Then there's a lunch break for two hours. Then there's my presentation that should be two and a half hours, and that's all for today." 

      "We're going to be around people all day?" I groaned out in annoyance. I was not a people person, so I was so confused as to why the moon goddess made me a queen. Which I still don't believe that I am. I don't even know if Damon is a King. There was no coronation. "Damon, when is your coronation?" I asked him.

      He let out a sigh and came and joined me on the couch. "I was supposed to be coronated months ago, but then everything happened with my brother. Then things with you and I started to go down and then they're just wasn't a good time for it to happen. I technically even be coronated until you and I are officially mated too. But of course, there is no rush for that to happen. Plus, being a King will take time away from us, and I want us to enjoy all the free time that we have right now." He smiled at me.