Chapter 1: Sad Cat

(Becks POV)

She still wasn't in the car. Fifteen minutes late, and not a word from jade.

I had no other option but to drive to school alone. If she was mad, it would be a later issue.

And that's when I got a call from Cat.

"Come to school RIGHT NOW" I heard her say. 

"Cat. Are you okayyyyy?" I asked, trying to decipher the squeaky noise I could hear in the background.

"No" I heard her mumble.

"I'm on my way" I said, pulling out of Jade's driveway, after shooting her a quick message.

To: J

Cat called. She sounded pretty sad, I know you expected a ride to school, sorry. Love you

When I arrived to school, I barely made it through the door before Tori came striding towards me.

"What-" I started, before I was yanked towards her locker. 

"What's going on?" I asked, following.

"Cat's really upset. I mean, I've never seen her this sad before. And, she wants to talk to you." Tori said, fiddling with her bracelet. 

"Huh. I'll go find her before class starts." I replied, starting to walk towards the black box theater. She definitely wouldn't be in the Janitors closet because Jade wasn't at school yet. If she's sad she also wouldn't be in Sikowitz's class because she wants to talk to me.... so she must be in the black box theater.

I walked in, seeing the little red head sitting in one of the chairs, her head in her hands. 

"Cat, what's wrong?" I asked, sitting next to her.  I set my bag down, and rested my elbows on my knees.

"I don't want to talk about it." She said, sniffling.

"Okay. That does it. Come here." I said, scooting closer and wrapping my arms around her.

"You want to talk to me?" I asked, rubbing her arm comfortingly. 

"I guess so." She said. 

"My......my brother.....he....he died." She said, releasing a high pitched squeak afterwards.

I frowned, and gave her a gentle squeeze. In a weird way, I kind of thought of her as a daughter.

"Shhhh it's okay." I said, kissing the top of her head.

"Oh hey, look, it's Mr. Purple." I said, grabbing the purple giraffe out of her bag. 

"yay" She said, pulling it to her chest.

"Come on, I've got to get to class." I said, standing, holding my hand out.

"No thanks" Cat said, playing with her toy.

"But I didn't- never mind." I said, grabbing my stuff and heading towards the door.

"No! Wait!" Cat yelled, grabbing my arm.

"What?" I asked with a chuckle. "Cat I have to get to history." I said, laughing.

"Pleaseeeeee?"She asked.

"Fine. But no more sitting." I said, tossing my stuff in the corner.

"No! No No NO!" cat said, sitting.

"Yes." I said, raising my brows at her.

"What do you mean?" Cat asked, playing with her hair. She does that a lot.