Chapter 8: Moving On

(Beck) 

When I returned to school the next morning, I quickened my pace after stepping through the large front entrance, as I heard the familiar sound that I would know from a mile away. Not only was Leah crying, but there were many glares thrown my direction. 

And of course that can't be all. I heard snickering, and looked to my right side. Jade had taken to a more evil effort to antagonize me, for avoiding her. Even though we aren't supposed to be in this close of range anyways, I assumed she would have been expecting redemption or a more difficult solution to our very unique issue, and I had disappointed her. Plus, because she knew how angry I was, she reverted to her old ways.  

Tori was in the center of a small crowd. I was unable to see her, but I imagined what was happening. There was a loud, sarcastic laugh and some sort of degrading comment. And just like that, I was shoving people out of the way. 

Once I had reached the center, Tori looked at me, her eyes so big I thought they would fall right out of her head. Obviously Jade was staring right at her and laughing. Before I really even knew what I was doing, I grabbed Jade's arm and spun her to face me. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked with a growl.

"Apparently breaking the law?" She said with a sarcastic smile. 

"Leave Tori alone if you know what's good for you." I said, narrowing my eyes at her pale, face, that had a very snarky grin plastered on it. 

"Why do you care, it's not like she's your girlfriend or anything." 

That triggered a part of me I never knew could get angry. It was in my core that I snapped.

"Let's see.... OH! Because she decided to step in and be the mother you could never be never wanted to be, and will never be. You are not my family, you are a stranger to me, and I wish, you don't know how much I wish I never met you. You are a foul person, who needs to step back and do some self reflection. You will not speak to Leah or me until you can step up and accept the consequences for your actions." I said, releasing her out of my grip, and turning on my heel, and yanking Tori off the ground.

"Beck wait!" I heard Jade cry out, and I knew the damage was done.

I shook out my hands, and after we reached an empty classroom, I held out my arms for Leah, whose face was red and wet from her tears as she was still crying. 

Tori gently, yet also quite quickly slipped Leah into my arms, and I bounced her some. 

I hummed softly, and she slowly stopped her crying. 

"really! Come on!" Tori exclaimed, before grimacing as she realized her noise level. 

I chuckled, before slipping a pacifier into Leah's mouth. 

"Beck... I know what happened wasn't easy for you, but that was really brave of you to do." Tori said with a sympathetic smile.

I shook my head. "It was mean." I said quietly. 

"I know. But she would have kept going. I didn't ever think I was gonna get out of that one." She said. 

***

(Jade)

I stood by my locker, shell shocked. He stepped up to me, and I pitifully yelled after him. I realized then what I needed to do, and I stomped my way out the front doors, and sitting down in my car, before driving home.

***

AN

I know this chapter is quite short, but I felt like this scene needed to be on it's own, to show Beck's bravery. I now need all of your help! I am asking for you guys to submit any ideas you want in the novel, so that I can hopefully put them into the story. I thought it would be fine, and if it goes well, then we could do this after every eight chapters. To make it happen though, I'll need lots of ideas. 

Thank you guys SO MUCH I can't believe how many reads this has gotten and it has brought me near tears every time. I definitely don't deserve all of it, and I am so so so so grateful for each and every one of you! 

Vote for this chapter if you enjoyed, and comment on this chapter with your idea to get the chance for it to be put into action. If you need to develop it further, you can message me, and I would be willing to discuss it with you there. Thank you guys so much, and I love all of you so much.