Mission 3: It's Brawl in the Family

No, it's not an April Fools joke.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Weiss,and Ruby ran up the main avenue of Beacon, heading towards the docking bay for the airships.

"Hey Weiss! What's going on? Who is she?" Ruby called to her teammate as they  suddenly stopped, prompting her to do so as well. Weiss simply smiled.

"Winter," she said as they watched the aforementioned woman descend from her airship escorted by Atlas guards.

"Wait..." Ruby put the pieces together, "Your sister?"

Weiss cupped her hands around her mouth and called out, "Winter!"

As the elder Schnee sibling turned to the source of the noise, the two girls ran up towards her.

"Winter! I'm so happy to see you!" Weiss said excitedly causing Ruby to give her a slightly shocked sideways glance at her uncharacteristically joyous attitude. Weiss suddenly composed herself,curtsying and speaking in a more proper manner, "I mean...your presence honors us."

Winter looked around as she approached the duo, "Beacon, it's been a long time. The air feels...different."

"Well, it is Fall, so I guess it's probably colder," Ruby said awkwardly. Weiss, embarrassed by her leader's attitude, punched her in the arm, making her grunt in pain and fall down.

"So, what are you doing here?" Weiss asked her sister, both of them ignoring Ruby.

"Classified," was Winter's monotone response.

"Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?"

"Classified," Winter replied again.

"Of course," Weiss politely responded.

The three stood in silence. Ruby glanced around passively before saying, "Well, this is nice. I think..."

Despite her earlier formal attitude, Weiss burst with excitement again, "You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas!" before discreately whispering, "Vale, too. The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it!? I-"

"I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its...bureaucracy. That is not why I came," Winter interrupted her sister's rambling.

"Right! I'm sorry," Weiss immediately apologized.

"Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears that I have no choice in the matter," the operative scolded.

"But, we won!"

"Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed," Winter continued to reprimand Weiss. She then turned to the robotic soldiers behind her, ordering, "Leave us." After the droids had moved away, she looked at Weiss again and smiled warmly, "How have you been?"

Weiss reciprocated the change in tone, "Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class! And the rest of my studies are going wonderfully, too! I'm-"

She was immediately cut off by Winter smacking her across the face, saying, "Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking, I'm asking how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?"

"Well...there's Ruby," Weiss referred to the third girl in the conversation who hadn't spoken up much.

Unfortunately, her next spoken phrase was, "Heh, boob."