Chapter 8: Excuses Excuses

Leah

Derek and I were sitting in my room. I was packing a duffle bag with some clothes and necessities. Derek was sitting on my bed. "You're serious about this?" He asked. I stopped packing clothes and looked at him. "Yes I'm serious. Mom won't tell me, EJ won't tell me, Slender won't tell me. How else am I supposed to find out?" Derek shook his head. "Leah, you don't even know where you're going. How are you going to find him?" I stood up and walked over to him. "What, you don't think I did some snooping before I decided on this whole journey thing?" I handed him the papers I found in Slender's office. Derek looked over them. "Ok, so we know his name, but they still don't tell us where he is. And I have a really bad feeling that we shouldn't do this." I looked at him and smiled. "You said we that time." Derek rolled his eyes. "Duh. I'm not letting you go out there alone. You'll get yourself killed." I chuckled and pushed him lightly. "Anyway, I still want to find him. So you better go pack. Who knows how long this will take." He stood up. "Okay, but what do we tell mom and EJ? It's not like they won't notice we're missing." I shrugged. "I'm still working on that part. But I'll think of something." Derek nodded and chuckled. He walked over to me and kissed my forehead. "You always do. I'll go start packing." He left my room. I returned to my own packing, trying to come up with an excuse to tell mom.

I walked out of my room with my bag. Derek was standing there with a bag of his own "Ok...I got an idea. Remember how Mena invited us to her parents lake house this week?" He nodded. "Yeah, but wasn't the trip cancelled, considering she couldn't get the keys from her parents." I smiled. "Yep...but guess who forgot to tell mom it was cancelled?" "Wow." Derek said. "For once you're terrible memory comes in handy." I lightly punched him in the shoulder. "Anyway, I figure we'll just tell mom that's where we're going. I'll just say that Mena wanted us to go early so we can help her set up, then call her and have her cover for us." He still wasn't convinced it would work. "Well, what if she wants to talk to Mena's mom?" I smirked. "Come on now. Out of all the detentions and suspensions she's had, you don't really think she let her mom answer those calls, do you?" He nodded. "Good point."

Lucky for us, mom bought the whole excuse and Mena was on board with helping us trick our mom...if she got to come.

________________________________________________________________________________

YAY!!! It's finally here, chapter 8. I'm SO sorry it took so long. My family's been going through a lot right now and I've been(and still am) really sick. I'm gonna try and update quicker, though. Sorry this chapter is so short. I really didn't have it in me for a long chapter. Also, I'm turning my "ask me stuff" book into an update book so you guys know what's going on. Sorry, I just hate leding people on with an A/N, making them think it's a chapter. Also, I'm doing a Youtube reading of my first book on my channel, so if you wanna check that out, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luYUpWrnZjw&list=UUl69zw2UJzUCwjbTQkVuKrg

Anywho, I love you guys SO SO SO SO much! Stay strange my little monsters!