Home Sweet Home.

Cassie P.O.V

"Mum!" I shout as I walk in the warm house that I call home.
"Shh! Everyone is sleeping." She laughs quietly. Oh yeah. I forgot.

"I missed you so much, Cass." She pulls me into a nice warm hug.
"I miss you too, mum." I smile in the crook of her neck.
"Now, go upstairs and get some sleep." She warns, pointing to the stairs.
"Yes,mum." I giggle and take my bags and I upstairs to my cozy room.

I open the door to reveal how it was exactly when Liam and I left. All my posters and papers are still hung up on my wall above my bed. My white fairy lights are still surrounding my room, my records are still neatly placed against my wall, my record player is still exactly placed where I had it on my white computer desk, and my carpet is as white as it could be. I throw my bags on the floor and flop on my comfortable full sized bed.

"Home sweet home." I murmur against my plain white blanket. Before I know it, I find myself slowly drifting to sleep.
------
"Cass. Cassie. Wake up." Someone whispers as I feel them softly shaking me awake.
"Hmm?" I groan and plant my face into my pillow.
"Cassie, someone is here to see you, now get up." I now notice that it's my mum talking to me. After a moment of me not answering, I hear a familiar voice dramatically sigh and say, "It's alright, Karen. I'll just leave."

As soon as I hear them speak, I shoot up and see my best friend leaning against my door frame with his arms crossed over his chest and his legs crossed over each other, balancing him.
"Jessie!" I shout, now fully awake.
"Cassie!" He pulls me into a huge warm bear hug and I just grin widely in his chest.

"I'll leave you two to talk for a bit." My mum laughs and leaves my room.
"Come sit." I smile and pull him to my bed.
"I thought you said you weren't going to be home until about another five months." He tells me, sitting criss-crossed across from me on my unmade and messy bed.

"My mum wanted me to at least visit for a while and so here I am." I laugh.
"I missed you so much, Cass." He sighs.
"Well we haven't seen each other in person since middle school." I point out.

"I know." He answers.
"So, how's Olivia?" I quietly ask.
"..I um..I br-broke up with her." He stutters out. My eyes widen and I look up to see him fooling with the hem of his tank top. "I'm glad I did it though." He mumbles.

"Why is that?" I question.
"Well she's just not who I thought she was. She's changed so much and I hate it. Plus, I like someone else." He says the last sentence almost below a whisper, hoping I wouldn't hear him.

"What did she do when you broke up with her?" I ask him and he looks up to meet my eyes.
"She-she told me that she um." He starts and I notice his eyes starting to get watery and he looks back down to the hem of his tank. "She was just using me to get to one of my best friends and then starting fucking around with him behind my back and that she never even liked me from the start." He chokes out and I automatically pull him into a hug. He starts sobbing in my chest and I take my fingers and rub soothing circles on his back.

"Shh. It's okay, Jessie. She's a complete bitch and I never even met her. That's her loss for loosing someone as amazing and incredible as you. She's completely idiotic to even do something like that and to not think you wouldn't find out. God, now I just want to go up to her and punch her right in the face." I rant.

"I'm such a fucking dumbass. I fell for all her stupid tricks and games when the whole time, she was hooking up with my used to be best friend behind my back." He sobs.
"You're not a dumbass, Jessie. You deserve someone so much better than her. If anything, she's the real dumbass here." I tell him when he looks up, revealing his now dark brown eyes full with sadness and hatred.

"I'm so glad I have a best friend like you, Cassie." He sniffs, rubbing his eyes with his hands.
"I'm glad I have a best friend like you, Jessie." I smile. "And since when have you started wearing hats? I thought you hated them." I giggle, pointing to his red snapback on his head.

"Oh uh. Since like junior year." He shrugs.
"For real? That long?" I ask.
"Yeah." He nods, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Are you okay, Jessie?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows. He starts nodding his head yes before suddenly stopping and shaking his head no and I notice more tears start to stream down his face again.
I pull him in another hug as he starts silently crying in my chest again.

I hear my door creek open and see my mum giving me a questioning look and I just mouth to her that we'll be down in a little bit. He pulls away to dry up his tears and I smile at him weakly.
"Forget about her, Jess." I tell him. He nods and sniffs one more time before getting up and off my bed.

"What are you doing?" I giggle.
"Come on, Cass. We have to catch up for the years we haven't seen each other!" He cheers.
"Let me get dressed." I tell him, going over to pick out an outfit.

"Where this." He turns me around and I see him holding up my white and black stripped crop tee shirt that hugs my torso perfectly and a pair of light washed jean shorts to go with it.
"I've been looking for this shirt for forever!" I laugh and take the outfit out of his hands. I'm about to take off my shirt when I realize he's still in my room. I turn my head to face him and give him a look and his eyes widen and he says, "Oh, right." before heading out.

Once I'm done getting dressed, I look for a pair of shoes to wear and I decide on just wearing my white converse. I go over to my dresser and look at my hair.

"Yuck." I make a disgusted face to myself once I see how knotty and ugly it is. I pick up my brush and start combing through my long dirty blonde strands of hair. After I put it in a side french braid, I add some mascara and grab my sunglasses to go. I look in my mirror one last time before exiting my room.

Jessie gives me a smile before we both start walking downstairs.
"Mum! Jessie and I are going out for a bit." I inform her as she walks out of the kitchen.
"Alright. Call me when you're coming back." She smiles. I nod and Jessie and I walk out to the front door.

"Are we walking? Since it's just a couple of minutes away." I ask.
"If you want." He shrugs, continuing walking next to me. Since he didn't stop, I take that as we're walking to the mall.
"So.." He awkwardly says, kicking a small pine cone off the ground with his right foot.
"So.." I mimic him, kicking it further.

"Why is it so awkward right now?? It wasn't like this a few minutes ago. We need to talk about something." Jessie spits out after a moment of awkward silence.
"How about.." I think, kicking another small pine cone in front of us. He kicks it further once we get close enough to it and we're now just doing that over and over again. I kick it, then when we walk up to it, he kicks it and it goes back and forth.