𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒

The markets tend to constantly be bustling with life and joy, and this day in particular seemed to have proven very prominent in that matter, for there was not an inch of the floor that wasn't being walked upon by a pair of briskly paced feet.

It was a perfect day for getting lost in a crowd - never to be seen again.

Oh, how tempted I was to slip out of Eydis's tight burning grip on my wrist and fade into the thick forest of merry market workers and their customers.

"Now, Sigrid, do not even take into consideration the many possibilities and ways of escape - you know that none of them will work," Eydis tightened her grip on me ever so slightly, which caused my wrist to ache and burn.

"Ow, Eydis that hurts!" I wailed with pain, wriggling around in her grasp.

"Good. Now Astrid—" Eydis swivelled her head around to where Astrid was supposed to be, her blonde ringlets bouncing furiously as she panicked, "W-Where did she go? She was right here a second ago, I swear she was! SIGRID!!"

"I am quite literally right next to you, you do not have to scream at me, and before you interrogate and wrongly accuse me of having anything to do with the absence of Astrid, I will simply state that I do not have a clue of the whereabouts of our sister."

"I don't trust that an awful lot, but arguing any further with you is just delaying our search for Astrid, so hurry up and make yourself useful and go and help me find her," Using her pale dainty hands, Eydis shooed me off in the opposite direction to where she herself was headed.

"Y-You're really trusting me to go find Astrid by myself?"

"Yes, now don't make me regret giving you this opportunity and go!"

In a flustered state of action, I hurriedly stumbled away to look for Astrid.

***

It had been a few minutes of searching before I could start to hear Astrid's obnoxious voice and flirtatious giggling.

I bumbled around for a bit, trying my best to follow her echo that bounced around boisterously in the courtyard that I'd eventually found myself in.

Soon enough, I'd discovered the location of the loud giggles and noticed that it was accompanied by a young male voice. Whoever's voice that belonged too, they never seemed to run out of ways to poke fun of some other person, who – from what I'd heard from the presumed boy – was named Logie, or something like that anyway, it was difficult to hear him properly over Astrid's cackling.

"Astrid? If that's your squealing symphony of laughter behind that pillar than you're in deep trouble," I called, allowing my voice to carry across the courtyard. I heard an amused, foreign snicker in response.

Astrid's chocolate brown hair soon appeared from behind the crumbly pillar, a pale face of disgust following quickly behind, "How did you find me? Surely I didn't leave a trail of breadcrumbs behind me for you to swiftly follow."

"I thought it'd be obvious. Your deranged scream of a laugh is rather unique in sound, it's also really loud and obnoxious, a deaf man could surely hear it."

My sister expressed a face of fury and shock before fading into a face of embarrassment.

"What's all the fuss?" A well built young male stuck his head out to investigate the ruckus, his blonde hair swaying around at his broad shoulders.