Cal

Chapter song: Julia- Lauv

What in the actual fuck?

I gripped the steering wheel as tight as I could. I hissed as my split knuckles opened up slightly. It stung as the fresh blood seeped through meeting the warm air in my truck.

Next to me was the girl I've always known peacefully sleeping. Except for her snoring. She claimed she didn't snore, but she did. It was kind of like a baby bear. It was hilarious but cute in a weird way.

We had been driving for about an hour and a half. Halfway there and I had to stop and get gas. She fell asleep about twenty minutes into the drive. Maybe it was better this way.

I was a little relieved, to say the least. I didn't know what to say to her. Everything between us has been so weird. One minute we're at each other's throats ready to rip each other to shreds, and the next minute we are literally at each other's throats not getting enough of each other.

Especially after tonight. There was no reason for me to be a jerk to her. It was Kenny, my best friend. The one girl I could trust. Yet, something told me she was jealous. Jealous of Natalie. It almost made me laugh.

Sometimes I got a headache just thinking about us. I knew she wanted this. Whatever this was. She just kept holding back and it was frustrating but I couldn't force it. I didn't even know how to bring it up especially after beating the shit out of Ben.

All I saw was red.

I didn't know why it was happening until I felt her gentle touch on my shoulder. It snapped me back to reality. She was scared. It was fucking mortifying to see her so scared. That's why I did it.

I was such a piece of shit for everything it was all my fault. I shouldn't have asked if she was jealous. I knew she was. I could tell by the way she looked at Natalie. I laughed at the fact she had nothing to be jealous about. I should probably tell her that.

Maybe if I didn't say that shit she wouldn't have got mad, and Riley wouldn't have forced her to leave. I probably could have gone after her. Then she wouldn't have been left in the girls' room alone. Then that fucking sick bastard wouldn't have been in there. Maybe she could have been with me instead.

I sighed throwing the gas pump back to its original place and screwing my cap back on trying to shake my thoughts away. Before I came to my side I opened her door gently. She stirred a little from the cold hitting her but she didn't open her eyes. I reached beneath the seat and grabbed my lettermen and draped it over her.

I closed my door fast and blew some want air into my frozen hands before starting my truck up again. I turned the volume down lower in case it would wake her up. As tired as I was, Ken had to be exhausted. I knew how bad she wanted to go home and I was so glad I didn't drink.

Liam told me that they'd drive back home in the morning after I handed Kenny's keys to him. Ty mentioned something about them staying with the girls to keep an eye on them which I thought was a good idea since they couldn't leave tonight.

I just wasn't in the mood. Besides someone probably should have stayed sober just in case anything wild happened. Which it kind of did.

It was weird seeing her drink. I knew she did it to spite me. It kind of pissed me off but was also impressive in a hot way. I love how she loved to prove people wrong. Keep them on their toes. Even if it had to be me.

I should just tell her what's going on. Instead of acting so hot and cold. I couldn't help it though. It's hard being just friends with her. I mean we were always friends but when you admit your feelings it changes things. It really changed things when you're an ass and hurt other people's feelings like I did.