Temple - 6

As civilization grew, religions formed, and gods were recognized as they revealed themselves to mortals. To honor the gods, the local kingdom decided to build a temple on a nearby mountain. The king, after his experiences, had come to trust Rellick, and so sent a message to him asking him to help guard the convoy that would be going to construct the temple. Rellick agreed, as he considered most members of the kingdom to be worth his protection, though he had no interest in religion.

All they encountered on the way were bandits and animals. But Rellick got to know the clergymen who were traveling with them to help direct the construction. The real trouble came only once they arrived. As the construction workers broke ground, shamans of old tribal religions let arrows rain down on the group. The arrows landed on the ground however, as Rellick and his stags moved in faster than a man was meant to and moved the workers while the arrows were still in the air, causing a few of them bruises from the stags, but nothing so bad as an arrow. The workers were warned to take cover, and Rellick had to start hunting. It was thanks to him that the shamans were rounded up and imprisoned. While it angered the tribal peoples of the area, it allowed them to work in peace for the rest of the temple, until one final piece remained: statues fashioned of the gods that had revealed themselves. The statues were being made back in the city, and so Rellick went with the workers to collect and deliver the statues.