Chapter Eight

Skye stayed near the entrance even when May and Ward began to fight the men that where hiding. She wanted to protect the members of the team that could not fight but thankfully did not have to but stayed still as a gun was pointed at her. She just glared at the men and she was mentally looking for a weakness in the men in front of her that she could possible take advantage of if she needed to.

Skye moved out of the way when Coulson walked up behind her without even looking at him. Coulson began to defuse the situation. As soon as the men around them lowered their weapons, Skye turned to go back into the temple.

She was quickly stopped by Ward who looked very angry. "What are you doing out here? Stay with FitzSimmons." He barked angrily.

"You are not in charge of me. I am not a defenseless damsel for you to save." Skye said defensively. She looked up at Ward in the eyes with a glare that only showed a fraction of her full frustration and anger. The constant headaches were starting to make her grumpy.

May looked over at them and asked "Is there a problem over here?"

"No." Ward said as he walked away from Skye to go back to keeping watch on the surrounding area.

Skye shook her head and went back into the temple. She could feel May's gaze following her as she went back in. There was a calm but frustrated with an undercurrent of curiosity vibe coming off of the older women. Skye knew that May would probably confront her later to ask her some questions when everything was calm again.

Skye felt bad when they finally got back to the plane. She had almost felt the need to step in to help take out the rebels but Ward had effectively held her back by blocking her path. She had not wanted to cause a scene so she had pretended to not to know how to fight.

The act kind of backfired since it made Ward think that she was lying when she had argued that she could protect herself. She could see that he was very tense as he told her to get out of the line of fire. She moved out of the way but then grabbed a gun and ducked behind the SUV.

May gave her an unhappy look but did not argue since it didn't hurt for her to at least have a gun to possibly help.

"What are you doing Skye?" Simmons said with disbelief at the sight of Skye with a gun.

"Someone has to save their asses." Skye said in a calm deadly voice. She didn't seem as tense as everyone else. She saw the PMP truck pull into the airfield. Right behind it was the Rebels car. Skye carefully aimed and hit the rebel's tires. She quickly did it for the back tire. It caused the car to fall behind giving Coulson more time to get into the plane.

Skye did not take her eyes off of the field but she could sense FitzSimmons staring at her. She also saw Ward glance at her as she took her shots. She felt the apprehension coming off of both May and Ward as they saw what she could do with a gun.

Skye quickly put the gun away and moved back to FitzSimmons just before the first couple people get onto the Bus. She sighed as she saw that Coulson was safe and unhurt. "Well that was an adventure." Skye said as she leaned against the wall. She had turned her attention to the bag that held the 0-8-4.

She let out a frustrated sigh when Fitz went into the very specific science terminology. She stepped forward and says "What he is saying is it is powered by the energy siphoned off of the tesseract. The energy is made up of a lethal amount of gamma radiation."

The word TESSERACT caused her headache to grow. She kept the pain she felt to herself since nobody knew that she had no clue who she really was.

"Yes exactly." Fitz said in relief.

"Gamma. You're saying it's nuclear?" Ward said incredulously. He was looking in between her and Fitz.

Coulson looked at both of them and then says "No. They are saying it's much, much worse."