Chapter nine

Seven years later.

I thought it would be easy you know after all I've grown, I'm more mature than I was seven years ago but something never changed and I'm even scared to admit it to myself.

I graduated from Yale last year and came back to Canada to find a job, usually how hard can it be to find a secretary in any business company? Trust me it's harder than I thought, anyways I tried.

So I am going back home to England, nobody but my new friends Jake and his gal Tasha who happen to be from there too, we met way back in collage and we have been pretty close and finally Annie. Well she managed to trick her brother into accepting a personal assistant he has never met, if only he knew.

I got to admit, as much as I am happy I got the job I don't think I am ready to face him again but who cares, I'll just have to pretend like I got over him and moved on.
Right?

Another reason why I have to go is because I don't wanna miss my twin siblings birthday, I mean they are turning eight and I never attended any of it only talked through Skype, it sucks.

My mom was already eight months along when I left, Nicholas, was making her happy something my real dad never cared about. I wasn't missing this one for nobody so I kept it as a surprise, actually I'm the surprise according to Annie.

"Hey, Kate we will be late," shouted Tasha. "Am coming I said pulling my suitcase with me. I looked at the lovely house that has been my home and closed the door. "Well bye Canada I surely had an amazing life here."I sighed and got in the waiting cab. "Ready to go home?"Jake asked Tasha and i, "ready"we both smiled at him.

The flight didn't take as long as I wanted it too and that sucked because it made me more nervous. Annie was coming to pick as up but I was spending the night at Tasha's until tomorrow when I go to the party.

Sorry I forget to mention, Kale and Kelly that's their names, the twins, I like the fact that our names starts with K's and I know it's soo my mom's idea. But I still  love her for that after all she is my mom.

"Cia!!"shouted Annie as she run across the crowdy airport to hug me. "Hey bestie, I've missed you like hell. "I said hugging her back."Maybe you  should've thought about that before leaving me alone,"she whined. "Come on, i'm here now and I'm not going anywhere, "I told her and she smiled. After introductions, she drove us to Tasha's place.

Her parents were so sweet and kind and happy that their daughter was back. We hung out for a while before Annie left and we decided to make dinner since we were supposed to be the responsible gals who Came back home after collage, nice.

"Wake up you lazy! "Shouted Tasha pulling the covers off me. "Mmm, it's Saturday let me sleep,"I whined trying to pull the covers back."well I am sorry but it's already one thirty in the afternoon and some few hours before your brother and sister's birthday so no!"I blotted up at that and run to the bathroom, Annie is soo gonna kill me if I'm late.

I chose simple, a blue high waist skinny, a white crop top and white sneakers. I just left my hair loose, put on a sliver necklace around my neck, a charm bracelet Tash gave me on my twenty third birthday and completed with a blue jacket. "Looking hot, are you sure you are going on kid's birthday party? "She teased. "Well, you are about to find out aren't you, coz you r coming with, "she didn't argue so we drove off to buy them gifts first.

"I can't do this,"i started panicking as we sat in my car outside. The party had started I could tell by the kind of noise coming from the house I have missed a lot."I know you think you can't last a second if u see him but come on, he probably think you moved on and if you want him you got to make him fight for you."Tash said making me realize she is right, I might still love Dylan but I am worth it he would always fight for me, he did last time.

I walk in the house, it's empty and everybody is in the back yard. I held my breathe as Annie tell the twins she has a surprise for them before the cutting of the cake. The two look at her excited and eager to see their so called surprise.

I slowly wake to the door and open it as she walks to the door. SURPRISE! I shout as I walk to the backyard, "you came!"they said as they run to hug me."of course I did, I wouldn't miss it for the world, happy birthday  cuties."I said pulling them to me.

"hey mom, "I greeted hugging her, "I've missed you baby, please tell me you are not leaving," "mom I'm not going anywhere and I missed you too. "I pulled away and walked in the open arms of Nick. "Hey dad," "come here princess,"he kissed my forehead.

The party went on well but not too well for me, he kept staring at me through the whole party. At seven the kids started leaving with their parents as I helped mom clean around the house.

We spent several hours chatting about my life in collage and how things at home were  in my absence. I can't believe I am back home, I am happy but I can't stop thinking about starting my work on Monday that is a day from today,"oh God what am I going to do, I don't know if I'll be able to survive being with him all the time."

Let's hope for the best coz there's no way in hell am I going to show him I still have feelings for him, no way.