Chapter 6 Hope

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I put it up early to make up for the last one's lateness.

Disclaimer: I do not own hetalia. (Sadly)

  Denmark ended up following Norway home. The Norwegian was unnerved by this. Now Denmark knew where he lived! It was one of those rent to own houses in a suburb. Norway lived there with Iceland.

The two of them had been together since the world meeting. It was probably luck that they weren't split up. Most of the nations ended up in different places, so it was odd that they two managed to stay together the whole time.  

Norway unlocked the door and walked in. Denmark followed. (Shocker!) The Norwegian set the grocery bag down on the table. Then he began to put the food items away. He put the milk and eggs in a small white fridge that only went about a meter off the ground. When he put the food in, the fridge looked semi-bare. Like it wasn't completely empty but it wasn't exactly full either. Then he put the rest of the food in their assorted cabinets.  

The kitchen was small, but that didn't matter because they didn't keep much in it. Only a sink, a dishwasher, five cabinets, and a fridge. The table was in the dining room right next to the kitchen.

Though there was no wall or door separating the rooms, the difference between them was distinct. The walls in each room were a different color. In the kitchen, the walls were an ocean blue, while int he dining room they were a pale yellow. A wood hallway with no wallpaper or paint came off of the dining room, and to the left was the door that led to the basement, and then the entrance to the parlor.

There wasn't much furniture in the dining room. Just some chairs to go with the table. There were no chandeliers, or table cloths, or anything fancy. The two rooms were very humble, like the rest of the house.  

A boy walked into the dining room from the parlor. He had blue eyes, short silvery hair, and a puffin on his head. "Lukas did you get any licorice?" The boy asked Norway.  

"Yes I got some." Norway said as he got a bad of licorice out of the grocery bag, and held it up for his little brother to see.  

"Can I have some?" The boy asked.  

"Only if you call me big brother," Norway said.  

"Can you call me that too?!" Denmark asked with a grin on his face.  

Iceland got a weird sense of deja vu form this. It was just like the time he got that DNA test! Emil let out a sigh. "No, can I just have the licorice?" He asked his brother as he reached to take them out of Norway's hand.  

Norway moved the licorice out of Emil's reach. "Not until you call me big brother." He told him.  

"I don't want it that badly," Emil said giving up. "And why's Denmark here?"  

"Cause I ran into Norge at the market!" Denmark explained.  

"What?! Emil knows who Denmark is?! How is that possible?! Didn't he have amnesia? Don't tell me he remembered the whole time!" Norway thought, "Why didn't he bother to tell me?" Out loud Norway asked, "So you have your memory?"  

"I've had it almost the whole time," Iceland admitted. He took his chance and grabbed the licorice while his brother was distracted. He opened it and popped one in his mouth. "Mr. Puffin filled me in. It didn't take me long to remember." He looked kind of bored as he explained.  

"Why didn't you tell me?" Norway asked him.   "You would have thought I was making it up." Iceland told him, "So I stayed quiet."  

Norway looked down in disappointment, and then he noticed that he didn't have the licorice any more. At first he didn't know where it had went, but then he saw it in Iceland's possession. It was an understatement to say that Norway was upset by this. Norway really wanted Iceland to admit he was his brother. Iceland never called him big brother unless he was threatened. Now Norway didn't have any leverage.