CHAPTER TWO

Turn on Dark Mode
|Run Boy Run-Woodkid|

Turn on Dark Mode|Run Boy Run-Woodkid|

HE WAS RUNNING. Running as fast as his little stump of a legs could take him. He kept his focus ahead, but tried his best to hear any other noises around him. Anything that would indicate that they were there. Following him. Watching him.

He didn't stop. He didn't take a breather. He didn't look back. Instead, he continued to push himself, his legs burning and screaming for rest. He ignored it, setting his entire mind on escaping. It wasn't long before he could hear them, their howls carried by the wind— warning him of their impending danger. Picking up speed, he tensed his jaw and concentrated on getting to the watchtower.

It was so dark that he could barely see his way and stumbled over a small pit in his path, smashing his face hard into the ground. He withered in pain, pinching his nose as blood seeped. It was definitely broken.

He looked down to the reason for his fall and the sight nearly upturned his stomach. Scooting away from it, he began to dry heave. The odor was putrid.

"What the fuck," he croaked, looking at in disgust. In front of him lied a mutilated torso, parts of a shirt still hanging from its body.

Something reflected under the moon's light and he crawled towards it. It was a brass novelty knife with dried blood crusted over its handle. His face dropped as he realized just whose body this was.