Chapter One

I wake up to the loud beeping sound of my alarm clock. "It's Monday once again." I sigh as I start heading downstairs. I notice a green note stuck on the counter top.

Ariah, I'll be home later tonight. I was'nt able to make you some breakfast this morning so I hope you are able to make it yourself before school. 

Love you, Mom.

Once I finish eating my cereal I head upstairs to take a shower. The warm water feels extremely nice compared to the cold house. I'm in the shower for about ten minutes trying to get all of the shampoo out of my hair. As soon as I step out of the shower I regret not turning up the heat this morning. There's nothing worse than starting your day freezing cold. 

I go back to my room and I put on a pair of dark jeans, a navy blue t-shirt and a black cardigan. I tie up my light straight brown hair into a high pony tail and start to head out the door of my room while grabbing my phone, car keys and bag. I get down stairs and walk to the front door. I start to put on my converse but I hear a knock at the door and then the doorbell rings. I look through the peep hole and am surprised to see Aidan. As soon as I open the door he walks right in and takes a seat on the couch. "It's nice to see you too."  say sarcastically while laughing. 

Aidan and I have been friends since around the middle of freshman year and we're basically like family to each other. "I'm here because I've decided to give you a ride this morning." He says smiling at me as I finish putting on my shoes. He's always had the most playful smile out of all of my friends and I can't help but seem to feel a little attracted to him. "You know you don't have to drive all the way over here just to give me a ride." I reply. We both live on different sides of the city and our school is a lot closer to his house so, to get to my house he has to drive all the way past the school which takes him about fifteen minutes and then it takes him about thirty minutes to get over here. 

"I guess I just felt like being nice today." He says as he gets off of the couch and grabs my wrist. We head out the door and the cold autumn breeze immediately gives me chills that go all the way down my spine. 

He unlocks his truck and I hop into the passenger seat. I turn up the heat and suddenly feel the difference in temperature. He then backs out of the driveway and we start to drive to the school.

I walk into my first period before the warning bell rings and see Mr. Wilson sitting in his usual spot at the front of the classroom. There's a few other people sitting in the class but I don't feel like speaking to them so I sit on the opposite side of the room. As soon as the bell rings one by one everyone else seems so enter. I see Tessa and she waves. She takes the seat next to mine and is about to say something. Just as she opens her mouth Mr. Wilson starts to speak. 

"Since it's our second week of school we will be starting a project tomorrow. I know most of you are busy so I will try to give as much class time as I can." He looks almost as tired as we all do but he still manages to sound a bit excited.

As soon as science is over I head to second period which goes by extremely slow and then I head to third.

Since English is my favourite subject I don't mind having it right before lunch everyday. Aidan and l have this class together which makes it so much better. 

Once English is over I tell Aidan I'll meet him back at the cafeteria and then I head to the washroom. There's a few girls staring into the mirror fixing their hair and makeup while others are simply just washing their hands. I walk into one of the stalls and wait until the bathroom somewhat clears out. I don't have to go to the bathroom, I just want to check my appearance like everyone else. 

I pretend to flush the toilet and then walk out and wash my hands. I look into the mirror and notice my mascara has smudged under my right eye. I wipe it away and then stare at myself longer. I've never been the prettiest girl, there's a lot of better looking girls at my school and I'm just average. I'm an average size that fits small or medium, I don't pile on makeup, all I wear is a bit of mascara and I don't do my hair up really nice. I'm plain just the way I like it.

I take a few moments to fix up the loose strands that have fallen out of my ponytail and then I suddenly feel the urge to actually use the washroom. I go back into the stall and get rid of the feeling and then I wash my hands as I check to make sure I still look fine.

As I step out of the bathroom I see a figure standing at the end of the hallway. Since the hallway's empty it's just the two of us. Whoever it is is'nt moving and they're too far away for me to see a face, all I can tell is that they're facing in my direction.

******

A/N: This is a really short chapter just because I'm just getting into this book but I promise I'll make them longer (: