IMBY- 1

DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction (fanfiction) therefore names affiliated and used do not reflect to the persons in real life. Words, happenings, and the idea written in the story are fictional and purely out of the author's imagination. The story does not intend to affect the reader's mindset and views in life.

The author humbly requests for the reader's understanding. May we all be responsible of what we read-- what we will read and see as the story continues to unfold.

If by any chance and case, you see words and happenings offensive and inappropriate, kindly comment them down or approach the author right away.

The author also requests for everyone's understanding as there will surely be honest mistakes and grammatical lapses.

There will also be scenes not suitable for young readers and words which shall be responsibly observed.

That would be all, thank you so much.

IT MIGHT BE YOU
Date published: December 22, 2019
leaxxaga

IT MIGHT BE YOU

With all hesitation, with my heart pounding in so much annoyance, hate, and disagreement to what is bound to happen, I pulled all my stuff towards the door of our house. Leaving isn't always fun especially when it isn't according to your will.

I didn't really want to leave. Kung pwede lang, magtitiis ako until I find the chance to move out and find even a small apartment. But my parents always have the upper hand. They get to say the last words. I was always the "masunuring" anak. But never the "mabuti" one.

Manang Yoleng looked at me in pure sadness. I started to hate this feeling. I get a little bratty sometimes, annoying, and mean, but this woman in front of me always had her patience extended to take care of me. She is whom I consider my second mom since I grew up to her guidance. And leaving her here and living alone far from her are the least things I want to do, ever.

"Mag-iingat ka doon, ha. Lahat ng kailangan mo, nailagay ko na diyan sa gamit mo. Baka may nakalimutan ka? I-check mong maigi at ayaw kong m-"

I let out a heavy sigh before I threw myself in her arms. I am bratty but I love people around me, especially those who stood by me through all the trials, hardships, and triumphs, "Mamimiss kita, manang. Ayaw kong umalis."

"Anak, kung mapapa-payag ko lang ang daddy mo na dumito ka na lang, ginawa ko na."

I looked around the house. My parents are still inside their room and I could only hate them more. Pakiramdam ko, pinagkakaitan nila ako ng pagkakataong maging masaya. I am 28 for Pete's Sake! I have graduated with Latin Honors. I delivered my long-ass and inspirational speech when I graduated, I was able to find a decent job and even wrote popular books. At ang kalayaang piliin kung saan ako sasaya, ipagkakait pa rin sa akin? I look like a child being forbidden to eat lollipops, you know.

"Manang, just one last favor," I asked her, my eyes brimming with tears.

"Ano 'yon?" she asked as she gently caressed my hands, the way she always does to keep me calm and to send me to sleep when I was young.

"Sumama ka naman sa amin sa paghatid sa akin doon."

She blinked her eyes twice, contemplating whether to grant my wish or to follow my dad's order of just letting me go there alone (but with a driver of course).

"Manang, please. Ikaw na lang ang kakampi ko dito."

"Sasabihin ko muna sa daddy mo. Baka mamaya lalo ka pang malagot doon kapag nalaman niyang pinilit mo 'kong isama."