IMBY- 7

The breakfast was nothing but an awkward gathering. I could sense Miguel looking at me while Aga was avoiding me. Kambal pero magkaiba ng ginagawa, 'di ba? Tita Debbie and Tito Leo took the opportunity to tell me stories about the twins' childhood, dreams, differences, and such.

Parang buong breakfast, silang dalawa lang ang halos nagsasalita. I don't want to be rude kaya sinakyan ko na kung anumang trip nila.

"Ang sabi ko nga dito kay Miguel, magpakasal na rin," Tita Debbie uttered, "Kaso mukhang wala pang nahahanap na babae, eh. Wala pa ulit pinapakilala sa amin after no'ng last girlfriend niya."

"Ma, tsinitsismis mo na ako," I saw Miguel frowned.

"Ikaw naman. Kinikwento ko lang kay Lea. Malay mo, may kakilala siyang single tapos pwede kayong i-blind date. Aba, anak, pwede ka pang humabol sa kasal ng kapatid mo."

Regine cleared her throat and lightly kicked my foot under the table. I didn't mind her because once I look at her, I know she's only gonna be wearing that teasing face. No.

I get what she means and no.

When we were about to leave their house, Tita Debbie called me for a hug. She is really so fond of me which makes it actually hard for me to turn her down kahit na gustong-gusto ko nang sabihin sa kanya.

"Thank you, hija. Your tito Leo and I will leave na tomorrow. Baka next month na tayo ulit magkita pero ibibilin na kita kay Aga. Mag-ikot kayo. Maggala kayo. Medyo mahihirapan nga lang kayo sa biyahe pero try niyo."

"Thanks, tita," I smiled at her, "We'll see."

She held my hands and squeezed them, "I really like you for my son, hija. You are so reserved, kind, and you seem so intelligent. Perfect match ka pa-"

The moment she stopped, I knew she felt the ring on my finger and I was right. Her eyes sparkled at halos mapupunit na ang labi niya sa pagkakangiti nang makita kung anong suot ko.

"Is this an engagement ring?" she giddily whispered.

I nodded. Aga has to rescue me here because I can't lie to his mom about this alone! Anyway, this was his plan. Dapat siya ang magpaliwanag. Sigurado akong tatanungin ako ni Tita kung paano, kailan, anong sinabi, bakit 'di nila alam, and Aga has all the answers. Though I have kind of anticipated this last night. Pwede ko namang huwag nang suotin ito pero dahil sinabi ni Regine, eh, sinuot ko na rin.

"Ang ganda! It suits you really well! Kinikilig ako! Hon, look at their engagement ring, oh! She's wearing it na!" she announced which caught everyone's attention including Aga who was sitting on the couch. I gave him a glare, hoping he'd get what I meant.

"Aba, oo nga!" Tito Leo went near me to check on the ring and see it himself.

They are all right. Even Dawn told me the same thing, Manang and Pau, too. Bagay na bagay ko raw ang singsing. It suits both my personality and physical appearance. Manang Sally even almost cried when she saw me wearing it this morning. I have to call Manang Yoleng to check up on her and tell her stories and I am pretty sure she'd cry, too, if she sees this.

Why were they all crying when this isn't all true? Para namang totoo lahat ng 'to, eh 'di naman. We all know that Aga and I are only gonna be married for our parents' convenience. Sa papel lang din naman ang kasal so they shouldn't waste any emotion.

And besides, kapag nalaman nila kung paano napunta ang singsing na 'to sa akin, mad-disappoint sila.

I heaved a sigh of relief when Aga stood up to go to our circle. Regine was talking to Miguel. Kanina pa sila nagk-kwentuhan. Mukhang magkasundo sila. Baka sila nga ang magkatuluyan, eh. Palusot pa 'tong pinsan ko.