IMBY- 3

Naikot ko na yata 'tong buong kama, hindi pa rin ako makatulog. It's been three hours since I went to bed pero hindi ako dinadatnan ng antok. The fact that Aga might or might not be my fiancè still runs in my mind.

But what's more chaotic and unbelievable is the fact that he has a twin. A twin, really? Now what if I met two Aga in one day? One in the morning and in the afternoon? Could it actually be it?

I mean, napansin ko rin naman kasing medyo may pagkakaiba sila. The one I met this morning was loud and boastful in contrast to the one I met this afternoon– he was sweet, quiet, and mysterious.

Pero wala silang halos pagkakaiba in terms of physical attributes. They have the same skin color, body shape, hair color. They just differ in attitude.

But what if I met the same Aga? Paano kung iisa lang pero talagang wala lang siya sa mood that afternoon? Paano kung bumait lang siya sa akin kaninang hapon because he realized that he's actually the wrong one?

Oh goodness, this makes me crazy. Why didn't my parents tell me he has a twin? Eh 'di sana hindi ako nagugulat ngayon. It's my fault, though. I didn't ask them much about this man's information. All I have is his name. How can I actually tell if he's or his twin is the one I'm going to marry? Should I ask him?

Nope, Lea. You shouldn't. That will be embarrassing. Isa pa, kung si Aga nga, he would've known and he would've been nice to me... but the one I met this afternoon was quite nice. Baka siya?

Putangshet. This makes me really crazy. Mababaliw talaga ako kaiisip dito! When will my parents come here so I'd get the peace of mind I need?

I was about to close my eyes when I heard my phone ringing. I quickly reached for it and slid it the moment I saw who the caller was.

"What's up?!" she greeted on the other line. Her voice was jolly and I easily got jealous. How I wish I am as happy as her at the moment.

"What's up?" I sarcastically replied, "Nothing's going up, D! Everything's going down," I complained and sat up properly. It's 2 in the morning already so it's a wonder that she's awake at this hour.

She chuckled and I heard noises on the other line. After quite a while, the background went quiet, "Bakit? What's happening? Have you met the man? Pangit ba?"

"If you only know how chaotic my world is at the moment, you won't have the time to chuckle like that! Grabe na 'to, Dawn! I can't, really. I want to go back there already."

She chuckled once again and replied, "Girl, you have the choice. You can live on your own, you can feed yourself, you can spoil yourself and all that. Pwedeng-pwede kang tumanggi. Pero hindi mo ginawa. Graduate ka na. In fact, you can support yourself already. May trabaho ka na. Hindi mo na kailangang dumipende kina Tita para mabuhay ka."

"I know," I sighed, "Ayaw ko lang talagang... ma-disappoint sina mommy."

"Eh, ano pala? You'd let this cruel world take your happiness away from you? Gano'n na lang 'yon? Every single person in this world wants to be happy, Lea. Kung may opportunity, ig-grab nila 'yon. Ikaw lang yata ang hindi gagawa no'n because of the unconditional love you have for your parents."

I heaved a deep sigh as her life flashed back at the back of my mind. Dawn is right. Every single person in this world wants to be happy. Naiinggit ako sa kanya. Her parents wanted her to become a doctor but she gathered up all the strength and gut she has to not follow them and just follow her dream and passion. Had she followed her parents' instruction, her life would've been miserable. Her life isn't inside the operating room. Her life is inside the four corners of her little classroom. She loves teaching kids and she just couldn't let that dream slip away just like that.